Can you teach me how to hyper link a URL. My hub about the history of bathing wa

1. toknowinfo profile image87
    toknowinfoposted 6 years ago

Can you teach me how to hyper link a URL. My hub about the history of bathing was nominated for "Top

Can you teach me how to hyper link a URL. My hub about the history of bathing was nominated for "Top of the Class Contest", and I wanted to ask people who follow me to  read it and vote for me.

2. quicksand profile image81
    quicksandposted 6 years ago

Open notepad and type in the code you see in the image. Replace the text in black with the absolute URL that you want to point to. Replace the green text with some text of your choice. Now save this on to your desktop as an HTML doccument by placing a dot at the end of whatever you name the doccument and adding HTML after the dot. Do not leave any spaces. When you open the newly created HTML doccument, you will find only the anchor text. This will be a clickable link. When clicked, the page that your URL points to, will be launched. When you right click and open the HTML doccument with notepad you will find the text that you typed in, right there. You could replace the URL there with any URL and any text as your anchor text and then copy and paste on to your website or blog. The page is set to open in a new window.

ADDED AFTERWARDS
    Oops sorry, the picture appears too small to be visible. I shall make another one in a while and post it.

If I type in the full code right here it will not be visible.

working