jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Knowing that other hubbers receive income from the ads...

1. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

Knowing that other hubbers receive income from the ads...

do you try to avoid hitting any of the ads or do you hit the ads if you find something interesting. Or do you just avoid the ads all together because you are just there for the reading?

2. Susana S profile image97
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

I never click on ads on hubpages - it's just safer that way. The reason for my caution is that I don't want my adsense account terminated. Paul Edmondson, owner of Hubpages, has also said it's a no no for the same reason.

3. Lady Wordsmith profile image81
    Lady Wordsmithposted 7 years ago

I never actually click on ads because I don't even notice them.  I've never been the sort of person to pay any attention at all to advertising (I'm sure there are people who will say that we all pay attention to it subliminally - well, I can't possibly know if that's true in my case, since it would happen subliminally!), so it doesn't wash with me.  I'm just here to read and write.  My eye just seems to miss out the ad sections of hubs.

I can't imagine how so many hubbers seem to be able to make any amount of money.  I've been here for four months and I've only made 82p!

4. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 7 years ago

It's better not to click on any ads on HubPages. You don't want to get your own AdSense account into trouble and you don't want to raise suspicion for someone else's AdSense account because you have been clicking on their ads from time to time.

5. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

I click on ads that interest me, as long as they're not on my own pages. It's not like I go through and click on ads all the time for particular other hubbers or anything, in fact it's very rare that one really catches my attention, but if I want to know more then I will click on it. That is, after all, the whole point of AdSense ads is to get interested traffic to the advertiser's sites. I think it might look suspicious if I were doing it all the time and immediately backed out after I clicked or something, but I always hang around long enough to see more of the site or get the additional information I wanted when I clicked.

6. profile image0
    Kbraggposted 7 years ago

I'm new here, so I haven't really had much time to look through many hubs, but I would say that as long as it isn't against the terms for the adsense accounts then I would probably have no problem clicking on an ad if it interests me. If it is against any rules or terms though then I'll stay away.

7. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 7 years ago

I don't remember ever clicking one, but I've seen some that I wanted to click.

8. MysteryPlanet profile image67
    MysteryPlanetposted 7 years ago

I agree with those who have said we should not be clicking the ads here.

9. FatherFitz profile image57
    FatherFitzposted 7 years ago

i never click the adds , but only because i don't know if click on the adds would get me in trouble on other pages also , or if it only applies to my own page, i would love to get other people money if i could

10. profile image52
    drocorpposted 6 years ago

its funny Justin Bieber just commented on this .. go to http://www.JustinBiebersTwitter.com to see what he said it was pretty funny