jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What comes first when you are creating a new hub - the idea or the keywords?

1. missymoo profile image76
    missymooposted 6 years ago

What comes first when you are creating a new hub - the idea or the keywords?

2. NeilsHotDeals profile image76
    NeilsHotDealsposted 6 years ago

I have to say it is the idea for a hub. From there you create and add concepts and ideas and generate your keywords from there.

3. simeonvisser profile image84
    simeonvisserposted 6 years ago

Everything starts with an idea of course. But before the writing you should research the keywords.

4. wychic profile image91
    wychicposted 6 years ago

Definitely the idea, and then I use facets of that idea to search out potential keywords for the completed article.

5. vashal profile image64
    vashalposted 6 years ago

I start with the idea. I just write about what I know or what I think will be useful to others. I've got a lot to learn about keywords and driving traffic, which explains why my view count is so low!

6. flbaby79 profile image57
    flbaby79posted 6 years ago

For me, the idea comes first. But I am new at this, so perhaps the keywords should come first? I'm not sure. However, personally, I feel that the new hub helps me create the keywords. Even when I enter the keywords first, then write the hub, I always find myself going back to the keyword category and adding to it.

7. missymoo profile image76
    missymooposted 6 years ago

Thank you everyone for your responses! I think it probably depends on the situation - it's a chicken or egg thing. But both ways probably work well. Thankyou!

8. profile image0
    Kbraggposted 6 years ago

The idea usually comes to me first. I then put in a few keywords associated with that idea, and refine those and add to them after I finish the hub.

working