jump to last post 1-11 of 11 discussions (11 posts)

Is it just me, or does everybody's traffic dip drastically at the weekends (esp

1. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 7 years ago

Is it just me, or does everybody's traffic dip drastically at the weekends (esp Sunday)?

My traffic recovers again.  But the weekend dip seems like a pattern.  I guess it fits with my theory that most people access the internet at work or school?

2. networkandy profile image60
    networkandyposted 7 years ago

It must be Googles algoritm

I got an email the other day from a guru saying that Google has changed their algoritm and it now going to give big penalties to websites with duplicated or spun content. But the thing is that my websites are not duplicated so why is my traffic falling.

It is happending to everyone in hubpages. It sucks cause I was making alot of money too. So I dont know what happened

3. MyJourney profile image60
    MyJourneyposted 7 years ago

I noticed the same thing this weekend.  Admittedly I am still building my traffic, but this weekend was like a ghost town on my hubs.

4. profile image0
    BenjaminBposted 7 years ago

My traffic usually takes a dip on Saturdays then further on Sundays. I think more people are just busy doing things besides being at a computer.

As for what networkandy said I did notice this past week an overall drop in my traffic and I do think it's due to the new algorithm. I think it was just an internet wide reset more or less as some Hubs I had ranked high dropped back a little,but are already climbing back up again.

Seems it may take awhile yet for the new algorithms to finish the weeding out and sorting everything again.

5. BenWritings profile image79
    BenWritingsposted 7 years ago

It does for me as well.

Maybe cause people spend less time on the internet on weekends? haha

6. pedrog profile image59
    pedrogposted 7 years ago

I noticed that long ago, not just on hubpages, i run other sites, and the tendence is the same, a drop arround 50% on weekends.

7. hassann profile image71
    hassannposted 7 years ago

Traffic always falls in the weekend. I don't know why. Who would find it more fun to go out than to read our hubs and buy stuff on amazon? This weekend was different though. With google's new algorithm we no longer get any substantial traffic from google.com. google.co.uk and other have not changed, yet...

8. lorddraven2000 profile image91
    lorddraven2000posted 7 years ago

Mine seems to bump up during the weekends, it's tuesdays and wednsdays that my traffic drops.

9. PaulGoodman67 profile image97
    PaulGoodman67posted 7 years ago

The weekend is generally bad I think for views.  You've got to capture the attention of those bored office workers during the week, if you're a hubber, methinks!  Thanks for all your answers!  (that was my first 'official' question asked here!)  :-)

Interesting to hear all the discussions about the new Google policies and what they mean!

10. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

You're probably right about access to internet at work or school.  My views tend to go down in the weekends too, but what is so frustrating is when I don't earn a cent in Adsense .. it happened to me twice already and it was not even weekend... now I hate checking my Adsense account .. I skeered of 'em Zeros. lol

11. tom hellert profile image61
    tom hellertposted 7 years ago