jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (10 posts)

How many views per Hub is average? How many does it take to start making money?

1. erinb62 profile image74
    erinb62posted 7 years ago

How many views per Hub is average? How many does it take to start making money?

2. davidkaluge profile image50
    davidkalugeposted 7 years ago

I don't know and I would like to know. I just asked similar question

3. Mikeydoes profile image74
    Mikeydoesposted 7 years ago

every 1000 views you can expect $1-$4.

More if you really know what you are doing, and even more when the new ad program is released.

Some pages get a lot of views, some get none. I don't really think there is an average.

1. Joe Cook profile image60
      Joe Cookposted 4 years agoin reply to this

There must be an average - it is a mathematical impossibility for there to not be.

4. barbergirl28 profile image77
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

It's not really the amount of views... it is the number of clicks and the price of the ads that are displayed. Unfortunately there is no set number. It depends on your topic, it depends on your keywords and it depends on the people who visit.

If you figure the secret though, I would love to know!

5. Singular Investor profile image80
    Singular Investorposted 7 years ago

Here is a simple rough and ready calculation - $1 per hub per month - so 50 hubs = $50 per month etc.... but I would say hubs need to be a minimum of 800 words and also it is better to make hubs about stuff that people are looking to buy - especially women and kids - I don't think poetry hubs will bring in much money for example (unless they lead to a publishing contract).
    You should also get backlinks to your hubs to move them higher up in Google's results

6. Misty May profile image84
    Misty Mayposted 7 years ago

Thats a very good question I started last month and am wondering the same thing.

7. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 7 years ago

Even one hit is enough to start making money provided it's the right kind of traffic. Some of my hubs may only get 50 hits a month while others get 50 or more hits a day. Sure, the ones with higher hits unfailingly make more money, but I am also working hard to target my promotions and such so that the traffic is quite valuable. Your conversion rates can vary widely depending on how you do your marketing. I doubt there's really an average since there are so many different niches addressed here, such a wide range of quality, and a wide range of marketing effort.

8. joshhunt83 profile image61
    joshhunt83posted 7 years ago

I don't think there is a simple answer to this question because it will be different for everyone.

9. zulumuscle profile image69
    zulumuscleposted 5 years ago

I feel like it depends on if you know what you are doing, if you can promote your posts, know proper seo techniques and get your post to the first page of google and  if you put interesting images that attract traffic then you could earn in 10 hubs what others make in a 100 hubs.

for me I did not see hub pages as a way of making money until recently but as merely a place to get a good backlink and a place to get targeted traffic back to which ever page I wanted.

But I now see more potential in hubpages.