jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Would it be better to delete random hubs, improve them, or simplify to writing o

1. petertheknight profile image77
    petertheknightposted 7 years ago

Would it be better to delete random hubs, improve them, or simplify to writing on just one topic?

I primarily write about articles for gay men, but I have some other random stuff like finances and such and I feel like I need to simply to just one or two topics.  What do yall think?  I primary want to be a freelance but to specialize in helping people reach their goals and help those being bullied like gay individuals.

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/4579981_f260.jpg

2. dablufox profile image54
    dablufoxposted 7 years ago

Everyone has a different opinion on this argument. For me I am against deleting a hub, especially if it has been around for six months or more simply because the age of the URL provides extra weight fir search engines. Even if you give it a spring clean and then use it for backlink value to another hub or outside blog or site you will at least get something back for your work.

As far as having an account and writing on a single topic.

Thats fine if you take this road from the outset. But by  the very nature of hubpages being  a virtual sandbox for writing and internet marketing where you can experiment with different writing styles it seems to be a bit of a waste to restrict yourself to a single topic unless your absolutely sure you want to specialize on a specific niche or subject.

3. barbergirl28 profile image78
    barbergirl28posted 7 years ago

I would never delete a hub... improving it is one thing, but to completely delete your hardwork I wouldn't do. Yet, that is the beauty of Hubpages, you don't have to find one perfect niche... you can write about whatever you want.

If you feel focusing on one or two specific topics is the way to go... I would pursue that, but I wouldn't hold back if something else pops into your head and you feel the necessity to write about it.

4. kassishae profile image78
    kassishaeposted 6 years ago

Definitely don't delete it.  Leaving it up can only help you.  Improving is great, and as for writing on different topics there are two thing to look at.

A)  You can write on whatever you want in Hubpages, but you don't HAVE to.  If you want to specialize in one area, that may save you time and get you a more "direct following."

B) Writing on different things cannot really hurt you as long as you don't mind doing it.  The more the better in my opinion.

working