jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What if the domain owners start charging for publishing your articles in hubpage

1. Vishaaa profile image76
    Vishaaaposted 6 years ago

What if the domain owners start charging for publishing your articles in hubpages and blogger?

If the domain or website owners(hubpages, blogger,and other free blogs) start charging from you for publishing your blogs or articles, what you will do?

2. sarasca profile image74
    sarascaposted 6 years ago

Stop blogging or blog on my own personally owned website.  Why would I pay someone else to let me write?

3. joshhunt83 profile image59
    joshhunt83posted 6 years ago

I would use my own website if this happened. The whole business model would collapse for these blogging platforms if they started charging so I can't see any way this is going to happen.

4. LindaSmith1 profile image61
    LindaSmith1posted 6 years ago

There are too many sites which do  not charge. Of course, sites like Ezine articles is free, even though there is an option for paid membership.

Bottom line is:

They need us to make their money.
    It is the millions of articles, hubs etc that gives them a high page ranking.
    It is us, they need to make money off of the numeours google ads.
    Advertisers advertise, for big bucks, on sites that have lots of traffic.

There are enough free sites, which will welcome us without charging a penny. They will laugh all the way to the bank for the new revenue we bring them from advertisers who will now pay to advertise on their site, due to all the new writers they will get.

Unless they get awful greedy, the old saying goes, "Don't bite the hand that feeds you." We feed them a lot more than the pennies they give us.

Face it, you don't want to post on any site that is not ranked high in the search engines. These sites, would lose so many writers, their rankings would drop.

A smart business person, offers Free and Paid versions. Usually, the paid versions are not worth the expense.

Besides, most have been free for years, and if it would benefit them to charge writers, they would have already done it.

5. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 6 years ago

Stop publishing, of course.

Some answers claim the idea is unlikely, but you can never say never.  If you're writing on a site that doesn't belong to you, you're always at the mercy of the site owners.  That doesn't mean don't do it, just be aware that rules can and do change.

working