jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Why promise and fail?

1. Dreatech profile image59
    Dreatechposted 7 years ago

Why promise and fail?

It's often said that: 'Do not expect much, so that you dn't get hurt' Does this also apply to the  writting sites? Even when they promised and not fulfiling it. Is this idle?

2. jhendor profile image80
    jhendorposted 7 years ago

guess we can just say "man proposes and God disposes"
    Humans are not really reliable.

3. Susana S profile image98
    Susana Sposted 7 years ago

What do you believe was promised to you? Are you talking about Hubpages?

If you believed you were going to get massive earnings and traffic here in a short space of time you will be disappointed (and this promise is not made anyway). Over time and with a lot of hard work you can reap a lot of benefits from publishing on HP - what you achieve is completely up to you. This is just a platform for you to use.

4. agvulpes profile image89
    agvulpesposted 7 years ago

If you take that attitude through life there is a greater chance of never reaching your full potential.  All of the writing sites I have joined do give me the tools to reach my goals.  If I don't reach my goals I blame myself and 'promise' myself to learn how to use the tools better :-)

5. Rosie2010 profile image76
    Rosie2010posted 7 years ago

I'm with Susana, are you talking about Hubpages?  I've only been here four months and I've seeing upward trend in my earnings and hope to reach payout in a couple of months.  Hubpages didn't promise me anything.. but gave me the tools to be able to write better and earn money and it was up to me to make it or break it.  I am not even a writer.. I was a blogger for three years, that's it.  Blogging made me realized that I love to write so here I am.  It's hit or miss for me right now.. but I'm still learning and will continue learning as the internet is evolving.  I work hard and it's paying off for me.  I think it's the same in whatever you do, you reap what you sow.  I hope this helps a little.

6. profile image0
    Dandraposted 7 years ago

Because promising is fun.                                                                                .