jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you have faith that we will com out on top with all the Google changes?

1. profile image58
    rieomposted 6 years ago

Do you have faith that we will com out on top with all the Google changes?

I have been reading at different sites and people are saying that a lot of writers have jumped ship here at HubPages.  I have also read that HubPages is going down. 

I do not feel this way because the powers that be at looking at ways to help us prosper as well as themselves.

Is my head in the sand?

2. BGollihue profile image61
    BGollihueposted 6 years ago

The new Panda Algorithm update from Google is what caused all the fuss, however, it's just the latest, in a long line, of changes that has come to the Internet.

The Internet is constantly evolving and changing, I remember a time (not too long ago) when I would get dozens of CD's in the mail each week offering me "1000 Free Hours" of some Internet Provider. Now, I use those as coasters (thanks AOL).

Things here will settle down in a few weeks, and then things will be back to normal. Just remember stick with the basics and you'll be fine: give your readers high quality, original content, and everything will work out.

3. rebekahELLE profile image88
    rebekahELLEposted 6 years ago

I think all the changes will take more time than we perceive.  We live in a culture that wants immediate results, and this situation will require patience, compliance, and huge efforts on everyone's part to make HP a top destination.  It's going to take a while to weed out all of the junk and reduce the amount of products on pages. I found a hub yesterday written by an active hubber with 55 unrelated amazon products on the page, published within the last 11 days.  I don't understand that, it's not like this hubber doesn't know the changes required.
    Change is good, but the implementation needs to be well thought out with an excellent action plan.  I trust that HP is headed in the right direction. They have skilled professionals at the top.

4. Max_Power profile image61
    Max_Powerposted 6 years ago

I agree with BGollihue.
    I think the changes are exciting, and I welcome them.
    Already HubPages has responded by excluding duplicate content and tightening their advertising rules. I have also heard that they are considering more incentives for their better writers.
    All these changes can only be positive in the long term.
    If google is looking for better content then we should give them what they want. What better way to ensure that our articles are found on their search engines?

5. Rosie2010 profile image77
    Rosie2010posted 6 years ago

I'm glad you asked this question and read all the positive answers so far.  I've not been here a long time but I love Hubpages and don't want it to see go down.  The HP team is doing their best to help us do well.  As I've only been here four months, the Google algo change didn't affect me and the HP changes are all positive to me... I have less than a hundred hubs so I only needed to revise a few to adhere to the new rules.  Go to forums and you'll see that not a lot of people are jumping ship.. a couple maybe but not a lot.  As far as I know, those who are here only to spam or promote their own sites are the ones who are leaving or being kicked out.. also those who have poor quality contents and not on par to HP's standards are being asked to shape up or ship out.  Those we don't want here in HP anyways as they bring down HP ranking.  I'm very positive about HP and from what I've been reading in the forums, HP will come up on top again as soon as the dust settles.  Three cheers for HP.  Hip Hip Hooray!  (sorry can't help it, I'm a former cheerleader big_smile)

6. CZCZCZ profile image83
    CZCZCZposted 6 years ago

Search algorithms have always been changing and its not a new idea that they would make changes to the way "content farms" or large independent writer sites like hubpages Google is always battling SEO gaming but they have to make there decisions for page results on something so its natural people figure it out and game it and they change it ... overall things will be fine for the internet regardless of tweeks in search algorithms

7. Astra Nomik profile image43
    Astra Nomikposted 6 years ago

It is very early to tell, but I heard ehow is doing very nicely out of the changes. But I am happy where I am for now

8. profile image58
    rieomposted 6 years ago

Thank you all for your honest answers.  I am glad for the good feedback.  I like this site and intend to stay.  The google changes have not effected me because I write when I can and only have about 26 hubs up.

I

working