jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Why would someone I am following be missing?

1. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 7 years ago

Why would someone I am following be missing?

I lost two followers. These person I did not quit following, but somehow one of them went missing when I searched the group of persons I am following. What Happened? Did this person close their account. Is there a criteria to following someone?

2. Barbara Kay profile image90
    Barbara Kayposted 7 years ago

Possibly they disabled their Hubpage account.

3. humagaia profile image57
    humagaiaposted 7 years ago

Another possibility is that they have been removed by hubpages.

4. Dovay Lee profile image37
    Dovay Leeposted 7 years ago

I think maybe their account is banned by the hubpages.

5. lilibees profile image62
    lilibeesposted 7 years ago

I just had this happen to me as well. Maybe they were banned and we all lost them as a follower. I hope my writing does not totally suck and thats why they left!

6. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

Please clarify for me the missing person was:
    (a) someone whom you followed; or
    (b) someone who followed you?

I had one follower go missing and I just assumed they did not like my writing or were no longer interested.  I have not "lost" anyone I was following yet.

7. Sparhawke profile image60
    Sparhawkeposted 7 years ago

I don't think 1 or 2 people dropping out is such a big issue unless you only have 1 or 2 followers, when you have 10-20 dropping out or whatever then you have to start wondering what is going on...

My thoughts on the subject are that maybe your hubs just do not appeal to them anymore, I am mainly interested in psychology, cooking and body languages and stuff of that nature, if you only have 2 or 3 hubs of that kind written once I might read them and find you have stopped doing them. I will also find myself bookmarking something to read later, once I have read it I am done...until the next time.

For that reason I might remove you, as the email spam gets a bit much after a while :p

The important thing is that you do not take it as a personal insult, just silent feedback wink

Also I think you are following way too many people personally, I certainly would not care to be a number that you only want to follow in order to get a follow back; did you even read my hub?, did you care what I said?, do you have anything to add of your own?

When following anyone I make sure I have read at least 3-5 of their hubs and often 10 or more...that way I can find out if I really do think they have something of value to share :p

These questions and more are what I ask of people who add everyone they can find.

I would much rather have someone following me because they choose to than simply because I decided to follow them in the hopes they would reciprocate.

8. Cardisa profile image92
    Cardisaposted 7 years ago

The person I am following went missing. He was also following me.

It doesn't really bother me that someone chose to quit following me because it is their choice, but when someone I follow goes missing, I have to wonder.

The page on spells is not endorsing witchcraft, but advising. I give you the pros and cons. I mostly am against it but you can't force people to agree with your own beliefs.

I also want to thank you for your advice on following a person. I did start to realize that I was following some persons out of politeness. I recently decided to stick with persons with great value to offer in their hubs.

Thanks you guys.

working