jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do you completely rewrite your stories when you submit them to two different ven

1. Ken Barton profile image58
    Ken Bartonposted 7 years ago

Do you completely rewrite your stories when you submit them to two different venues?

I've been writing for Hub Pages for a few months now and also for Xomba.  Do you find you need to completely rewrite your stories when writing for more than one agency?  One article I put on both was rejected on me for being too similar to the other, and no matter how much I changed it I just couldn't get it to go through.  . 

I'd like to be able to make money with my writing if at all possible, so any suggestions would be appreciated.  Have a great day,   Ken B.

2. Ancillotti profile image61
    Ancillottiposted 7 years ago

Hi Ken!
    You may choose, instead publishing the same article in different locations, using tools such as Digg.com, facebook or twitter to share the link of your article in hubpage. Perhaps this is more profitable and less laborious. Hope that helps.
    Cheers!

3. vocalcoach profile image97
    vocalcoachposted 6 years ago

Never submit the same article to different sites.  Even rewriting an article can be rejected. Write completely different articles for each site. Spread your wings by doing some research on areas you are interested in.

And do not copy any part of anyone elses article. This is plagarism. Instead be creative and write an original article.

Content is everything so keep it interesting.  Take as much time as it takes to creat your article. This is the only way you will begin to make money. Focus on quality writing.

4. Ken Barton profile image58
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

Thank you Ancillotti and Vocalcoach for your input.  I have been submitting my stories to Digg, FB, Twitter, and even on Stumbleupon.  Plus, I have been trying to write unique stories on their own individual topics.  Research is something I'm very familiar with after writing dozens of college research papers I know the importance of primary sources and using my own content.  Thankfully, my stories are my own and unique to my family; so, there's no way I can copy what someone else might put down.  The children in school call me the Story Man and each looks forward to having me for a substitute because they want to hear whatever new story I might have to share with them.

working