jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

What is the best way to handle a bully....without getting hurt

1. sir_tallest profile image63
    sir_tallestposted 7 years ago

What is the best way to handle a bully....without getting hurt

2. dinkan53 profile image78
    dinkan53posted 7 years ago

I think the best way to handle a bully is to take all powers from them!!! Do not show them that you are hurt. Just ignoring them can also give results.

3. Daffy Duck profile image61
    Daffy Duckposted 7 years ago

Tell someone in authority.

4. kafsoa profile image71
    kafsoaposted 7 years ago

I'm sure it's not you who's being hurt or abused, the one who's being seriously hurt or harmed should tell a trusted adult or person that can contact  right away, or can call a special telephone number according to the country where he/she's located.

5. mcimicata profile image59
    mcimicataposted 7 years ago

As a teacher I can tell your that the best way is to explain to them what they are doing is wrong, and the reasons that it is wrong; however, there are a ton of bullies that do not understand this, so the best way would be to tell somebody of authority (teacher or police) about the situation so that they can handle it.

I hate to resort to violence, but if there is nobody of authority around and you are about to get hurt by the bully, simply call somebody that is bigger than him that he would be afraid of to hold him off until authorities are available

6. onegoodwoman profile image76
    onegoodwomanposted 7 years ago

It is not clear to me if there is a single best way and I have little advice to give.

In my personal experiences, the " bully " is totally flabbergasted by someone with the gumption to stand up to them, even if it means risking 'getting hurt', I rarely did.  You can not overcome without risk.........

7. simonpeter35 profile image60
    simonpeter35posted 7 years ago

Grab a steel bar... you know what to do...

I don't teach people to be violent. But that's how I deal with violent people.

Some bullier needs to learned it a hard way.

working