jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

What is the purpose of hopping hubs?

1. TheBlondie profile image59
    TheBlondieposted 6 years ago

What is the purpose of hopping hubs?

I do it, and vote up/down/flag/etc, but why is it there? Does it do anything for you hubscore?

2. trimar7 profile image60
    trimar7posted 6 years ago

I think it just brings traffic and interest to other hubbers. I know I have come across some great hubs that I otherwise most likely would not have found.

3. tsmog profile image82
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I don't have an answer and being somewhat I knew I am interested in this question. All I know is my hub scores change and I don't think it is just traffic causing it. Looking forward to more answers to this

4. Daffy Duck profile image60
    Daffy Duckposted 6 years ago

Checking out random hubbers to see who you may like.

To possibly get ideas for hubs..

To comment on hubs you might not have read if you didn't hub hop.  By doing that you draw attention to yourself with those you comment on giving you more circulation and exposure.

Here you go blondie and tsmog.  Hope this helps

5. Rob Bell profile image74
    Rob Bellposted 6 years ago

Think of HubPages as one big website and we are all writing the pages or hubs.

It is important that the quality of the hubs on HubPages is kept high as this will ensure the site keeps a good reputation with the search engines.

We can do this by hopping and flagging any spam hubs.  I have found many that are just gibberish. Look out for the ones that are just computer generated rubbish. Lets all do our bit.

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image96
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

It does increase your hubscore.  The purpose for it is to flag new hubs that are inappropriate, insufficient, or otherwise not good enough.  We want to keep this site as a respectable one in the eyes of Google, and other search engines.  If we do not, then this site, and persons hoping to make income from it will fail.

7. freecampingaussie profile image62
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

There is nearly always an answer for questions about hubpages , if you type hub hopping in the search box you will find this with your answer

http://hubpages.com/hub/Hub-Hopping-A-G … -Followers

not my hub , researched it for you , has the answer here !I hub hop a lot !

8. mikicagle profile image91
    mikicagleposted 6 years ago

When you hop hubs you may come across a great hub that you didn't know existed. You may find something you really enjoy.