Can you charge someone to write a Hub for them?

1. J.S.Matthew profile image84
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Can you charge someone to write a Hub for them?

Can you create a Hub for someone, say to do a product review, and charge them for creating the article as long as you follow HubPages guidelines and make it not overly promotional, by adding other links within the Hub?

2. john.jackson profile image70
    john.jacksonposted 6 years ago

I am not 100% certain, but there should be nothing stopping you from being paid by another user to write a hub for them - as this is a basic transaction, money in return for the rights to a piece of writing. However, always best to check the guidelines, but I doubt they would care, since they have no reason to.

One problem though, I doubt there is much of a market at all on here for selling Hubs - as most Hubbers won't want to buy articles that are not written in their style and articles that they are unsure of the earning potential. Hope this helps.

3. Nancy Owens profile image96
    Nancy Owensposted 5 years ago

I actually had a freelance article writing client ask me to write an article then they put it on HubPages. At the time I accepted the job, I didn't know where the articles would be going!

If someone wants to pay you to do their writing for them, and the transaction is such that the client retains the copyrights to the work, then they have the right to do with it as they see fit.

How it works, is that when clients retain writing services, they actually have the rights to the work, unless some other agreement is reached to share the rights or something like that.

I am not a lawyer, nor am I an expert on HubPage Rules, but it all seems reasonable.