jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

How to write a featured hub?

1. Ibrahim K. Shafin profile image67
    Ibrahim K. Shafinposted 6 years ago

How to write a featured hub?

When we visit the HomePage, we see featured hubs. Now, is it possible to write featured hubs by the normal hubbers?

2. cyberwriter profile image67
    cyberwriterposted 6 years ago

I think featureb hub must be original, informative, written in correct grammer, good organzation, interesting. Most important thing is, it must be evaluated by hubpages staff members.

3. DonDWest profile image60
    DonDWestposted 6 years ago

have come to accept from the moment I signed up on Hubpages I may never see any of my articles featured. Hubpages motifs on deciding what gets featured may not strictly be profit related. They're protecting their own skin.

Most of the featured articles are using topics that are conventional and safe in nature. Basic "how to's", "what is this/that", and "how this/that works." Nothing that you couldn't find in wikipedia, an encyclopedia, etc. If you want to get featured be prepared to write some articles with the following rules:

A) Conventional topics people tend to read: pop culture, media, child raising, cooking, maybe some outdoor activities, etc.

B) Non controversial: Hubpages doesn't want to held liable or looking like they're promoting the views of a given author. So, controversial Hubs will never get featured.

C) Safe writing styles (stay academic): Definitely don't use any "I" statements, cite everything, deliberately make the article anal (definitely don't use the word anal).

D) Stay unoriginal and keep your fingers crossed that somehow you're noticed out of possibly hundreds of the same unoriginal Hubs on the same popular topic.

4. I Am Rosa profile image90
    I Am Rosaposted 6 years ago

There are good articles and then there are great articles.  There are articles that get bad attention and articles that noticed for all the right reasons.  Here are some tips to writing a great article that will get you noticed for the right reasons. read more

working