jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Is it better to write about related topics or random topics?

1. smanty profile image67
    smantyposted 6 years ago

Is it better to write about related topics or random topics?

2. profile image0
    khmohsinposted 6 years ago

the best way is to write on related topics, because in related topics you can include maximum keywords, these keywords will help you article (content) to get highest ranking in search engines, if you write on random topics there is less chance to get maximum benefits from writing

3. Meg Ingram profile image59
    Meg Ingramposted 6 years ago

See im going to say this ; i think both are of great keys to any writing . Because with A related topic yes you can put key things that connect to  others who will read your article  , but also with random it creates a branch of new ideas and thoughts  that branches even more of a question depending on what your topic would be. So i agree  on both .

4. profile image0
    fordieposted 6 years ago

random seems like the wrong word. varied seems a better choice of word - and varied but targetted a better strategy

5. amurbach profile image82
    amurbachposted 6 years ago

Related topics tend to increase traffic if the content is well organized and provides reliable information because the hubs are like stepping stones. Readers tend to hop from one to another thereby increasing traffic.  However, it is more important that the content is highly researched content first!

6. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I made a mistake starting off here on Hubpages by writing about random topics.  I think that I'm correcting that by concentrating on a few different topics that I can write about with a lot more authority.  It's important to establish yourself as an authority within the topics that you are actually an authority on.

7. parthavi profile image60
    parthaviposted 6 years ago

What you write about is not important. Whichever topic makes writing about it interesting to you is fine. Analyzing the topics about their being related or not  can be taken up after sometime, when you may find some interesting patterns.

8. tsmog profile image83
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I agree with meg & Parthavi, darn I agree with everyone really. My strategy on topics is kinda' simple. If I am in the mood to write, don't have time to research, want to get something up to keep current - I go for a walk then write poetry. Most of my articles are connected and are set in groups. However, I don't necessarily write from the same group linearly. I may jump from here to there and back and again.

working