How the hell do they create some many hubs?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (37 posts)
  1. icewave5 profile image61
    icewave5posted 14 years ago

I see people already creating more tan 80 hubs over 3 weeks, when i barely able to do 10 hubs...How do they do it?

2. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

Maybe you should rewrite the title of your query ... ask them directly. I for one don't know the answer because I'm not one of them. I can only guess.

Perhaps some write in the way that others talk - instead of being a chatterbox they're a hubalot. Or maybe they just have a hundred different thoughts and ideas clanging around in their minds and writing them out is a relief.

And there are different forms of writing. There's fiction stuff - whereby you totally fabricate a piece of writing - using your imagination and on occasion, weave in a few facts. And non-fiction, whereby the writing is more factual, based on real events - be they personal, reviews, data collection or whatever.

Anyway - this is just guess work, as I said. I'm not a superhubber smile

1. wittywriter profile image61
      wittywriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I personally, have way too much in my mind screaming to get out.

3. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

The more I read of all these hubbers typing away at full spoeed, the more I think I'll get writing some myself,  but then if I do who is going to read all theirs, they need support, then when I do get round to writing all mine, they can support me...

It is amazing though.   3 cheers to them all........
    What an Inspiration, to us lazy ones,,,,

4. MotherHubber profile image60
    MotherHubberposted 14 years ago

I've wondered about this myself.  No offense to the UberHubbers, but I think that quality is sacrificed for quantity in some instances. 

I have often assumed that people are just taking a "buckshot approach" to hubbing, and are kind of all over the place as far as topics/themes.  I guess that's one of the cool things about Hub Pages, and the internet, though; you can write whatever you want, and there is someone out there with that interest, willing to read it. smile

5. MotherHubber profile image60

PS Frog - the term "Hub-a-lot" made me smile.  LOL!

6. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

Am not sure if those creating so many hubs have a full time job away from home lol

I have such a stressful job that hubbing is a way to relax and get my creative thoughts out.

7. MotherHubber profile image60

I don't have a full time job away from home, and I still can't see how the hell people produce so much content.  LOL.  I usually have a child hanging off of each arm and one crawling up my ass, so that's the excuse I'm using.

Oh, you brought back memories of my full time freelance writing days. The five years I was a full time freelance writer I had two children still in diapers. I wrote full time, had my publishing company in full swing, wrote two books and had a pretty successful website and a print magazine going. LOL! I was in my early to mid 30's. Man, did I have energy then. I wrote when my kids were napping, and late at night. I am an insomniac so that was easy for me. However, I do not recommend this for everyone. I also have to put in, man, was I exhausted. LOL!

2. profile image0
      Janettaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I greatly enjoyed this comment!! LMAO  I know how you feel big_smile

8. Whitney05 profile image83
    Whitney05posted 14 years ago

Some people purchase content, and others spam. But for those who are actually able to write so much within a month or so that write their own stuff, they just think of things fast. I know my first month or so, I was able to produce a lot of stuff bc I was just writing about stuff I knew, so I didn't have to do any research; all I needed was pictures (most of which I used were my own at the time) and amazon products.

9. KCC Big Country profile image86
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I think a lot of people have 10-12 topics simmering at all times and just need a push like this to finish them.  So, initially it looks like they are cranking them out at record speed.  It would be hard to sustain that kind of speed indefinitely.  But, maybe they can.  We'll see.

10. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 14 years ago

If I know the topic I can write a quick hub (400 words) in 15 minutes plus another 5min to find a photo, put the capsules together and publish.

For the 100 challenge I am buying unique content for some of the topics I have no interest in - I am a terrible procrastinator if I am writing about something I have no interest in. Why write about a topic I find boring?  I like the money potential of the keywords thats why

11. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

I have a really broad spectrum of interests. I mean BROAD. lol I don't know many other "girly girls" who enjoy the topics that I do. Therefore, there is a ton of stuff that I can write about and that I ENJOY writing about. This allows me to write a lot of content in a short period of time.

I'm a full-time student who just switched majors and am no longer working full-time at my political job. I've had a lot of time on my hands the last few weeks and that is why I'm able to pump out so many hubs. This fall, when I start my new major, I'll not have much time to dedicate to hubpages but hopefully, by then, my goal of $150-$200/month will be reached. I know the only way I can get there in such a short amount of time is to write, write, write quality content. I'm well on my way there.

I've only done two so far for the challenge, but I have about 15 in development and 100 more ideas in an excel sheet.

12. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

This is what I do all day lol

I am writing them on the hoof. If I already have an idea - 20 minutes start to finish. If I get stuck at word 150 it goes in the "to do" folder for when my brain is working better big_smile

1. profile image0
      girly_girl09posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am constantly "getting stuck" in this challenge so far. I've only published two! lol

It's not that I don't have enough time or ideas, it's that I have too many ideas. While I'm working on one hub, I'll think up an idea for another and save that one and start a new one. I have about 15 in development (some almost finished lol) and just keep starting new ones. Eventually, I'll go back to them, but right now I can't, for the life of me, focus on one topic. There is just so much fun stuff out there to cover!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is really easy to lose focus - especially if you are covering multiple topics. I will be interested to see if Lissie's approach - buying content and using a new hubber name is more effective than what I am doing.

1. Lissie profile image76
          Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I tend to write a bunch on the same topic - on my ID I'd have to drip them in - but with the "new me" I will just publish the lot all together. I'm wasting a lot less time on comments than you are Mark :-)

1. nicomp profile image62
            nicompposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If we all start ignoring him, I suspect he'll find another site to troll.

2. Whitney05 profile image83
        Whitney05posted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is my problem a lot of the time. I get so exited about the new topic that I can't think about any that I may have had sitting blank for days or weeks. Right now, for instance, I have 3 that I've been sitting on and I've published or composed 12 others that I found more interesting. I'm going to have to push myself hard to finish those 3, as I'm just not into the topics anymore, but really want to write them.

1. Will Apse profile image88
          Will Apseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It would be better if we could see which pages were genuinely sucessful. Its possible to pick up clues but we never get a definitive statement. The hundred pages in a week type hubs may never earn a penny. On the other hand, maybe somone has a great formula. How will we ever know?

1. Lissie profile image76
            Lissieposted 14 years agoin reply to this

To be honest you won't. Some of my hubs are purely designed to provide links to other sites and its those sites I want ranked not the hub -the hubs successful if it gives me a do follow link

Other hubs are testing Adsense, or maybe eBay - but then others are for backlinks AND make money with one of those methods. The hubscore hardly ever reflects which hubs make me the most money ...

13. profile image0
    girly_girl09posted 14 years ago

It will definitely be interesting to compare results at the end; looking forward to it!

I personally wouldn't/couldn't buy content, only because I'd end up changing things or editing it so much that I might as well have written it myself! hahaha!

If you're not a perfectionist like me, I think buying content could prove really useful and save tons of time. Unfortunately, I don't think it'd personally save me much time because of my need to edit.

At my last job, we had a "3 sets of eyes" rule on EVERYTHING that went out. I'd always take a look at press releases first and practically re-write them. The guy who wrote them was good, but I'd always find stuff to change. We'd joke around about how I should write them since I always spent so much time editing. (I hate writing press releases, though)

14. Janet21 profile image80
    Janet21posted 14 years ago

I think everyone takes a different approach when building a hub.  My hubs are "how-to" type pages and they generally take me a day or so to complete.   I incorporate a lot of photos and other capsules.  So, I don't create that many hubs in a short time.  However, like you, I have seen quite a few hubbers that can really churn them out! smile Neither way is right or wrong, it just depends on what your goals are on Hubpages and what you are looking to achieve here.  My goal here is to earn money, mostly through affiliate sales, where someone else may be here just to write a nice article and earn money from adsense.  It really depends.

15. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 14 years ago

all too complicated for me, I just write for enjoyment

1. Janet21 profile image80
      Janet21posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Writing for enjoyment is definitely less complicated.  However, I write online to make a living, so I deal with any stresses that come with the job.  It certainly beats having to go out to work everyday! wink

16. goldentoad profile image61
    goldentoadposted 14 years ago

I've successfully managed one in six months, I should be be able to crank another out by Christmas. Consider it a gift, a cheap one at that.

1. JamaGenee profile image79
      JamaGeneeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And a good one too! cool

17. Research Analyst profile image72
    Research Analystposted 14 years ago

It is a rather intricate process of liking to type really fast, at least thats what I have heard.

18. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I do this for a living. I better be able to write quickly and well. I probably write at least 3,000 words a day when all of my sites and blogs are taken into consideration.

19. Murilion profile image60
    Murilionposted 14 years ago

when I start blogging all over with my own effort,I am worry I wont get so much people already as family ,about making so much quality article I think that is not that difficult,there is alot PLR can do this for you for small price but yet it has certainly rule which more profitable cash ,40% hubpages share or 60% our right

20. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

I'm forced to do it by hubchallenge authorities.

21. lbtrader profile image60
    lbtraderposted 14 years ago

I slavishly react to the orders of the hub kingdom as haunty states above....

22. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 14 years ago

I dunno how they do it...I mean, I know how I would do it & I know what it would take. But I also know it would take a lot of the FUN of writing or creating something out of the equation for me and I don't think I'm interested in that at this point.

I already do a lot of writing that I HAVE to produce... 

I also don't know how serious writers can produce serious writing all the time, and how the silly writers can produce their stuff all the time.  I'm kind of eclectic--it probably shows.

23. profile image0
    ysdataposted 14 years ago

I watch youtube and read other people blogs and hubs.  Eventually an idea comes to mind.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)