jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What are the best ways to increase HubScore?

1. Bret Talley profile image59
    Bret Talleyposted 6 years ago

What are the best ways to increase HubScore?

2. john.jackson profile image71
    john.jacksonposted 6 years ago

The score is thought to be dependent on a number of factors. I reiterate the word 'thought' as HubPages has and probably never will release any of its algorithms relating to scores and such. However, it is obvious that there are a few important factors that play a key role in the score as the algorithm must be logical. Here are a few of these:

Views - How much traffic the hub receives

Ratings - How does the community rate your work - firstly when the hub is published it goes through the screening process of being 'hopped'. If you are unaware, this is where Hubbers rate or flag new hubs. This will have an effect on the starting score of the hub after a few hours.

Comments - if your article receives a lot of comments then it shows that your article is a subject of discussion or grateful comments, which reflects well on your Hub.

Backlinks - I'm not too sure about this one and it ties into the views factor. HubPages do measure the amount of backlinks that your Hubs have so if your Hub has a lot of backlinks then it reflects well on the article but again I'm not sure that it ties in with the HubScore.

Hope this helps!

3. nabeelplus profile image61
    nabeelplusposted 6 years ago

Stay connected to HP, i mean your activities here will help you increase your score.

4. Bret Talley profile image59
    Bret Talleyposted 6 years ago

What about personal hubscore?  Is that just dependent on all your hubs?

5. duffsmom profile image59
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Ask a few questions here, answer some questions.  Post a time or two in the forums and hub hop, leaving comments on peoples hubs that you like.

working