jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What do you do if you want the "follow" so and so, as a "bookmark" but don't wan

1. days leaper profile image79
    days leaperposted 6 years ago

What do you do if you want the "follow" so and so, as a "bookmark" but don't want dozens, hundreds -

-of emails telling every single breath they take.  "So and so has published..."  so and so has gone on the 99 bus!  -I want to look and follow in my time.
    After following some-one then cancelling.  Is there a way to say why, or "I still like this person but ..." re. Above.

2. Billrrrr profile image83
    Billrrrrposted 6 years ago

Good Question.  I don't know.  But I agree about the emails.  It's too much.  What if you follow 87 people and they all publish a hub on the same day?  87 emails to delete, 87 hubs to read.  I am tired just thinking of it.

3. profile image0
    Stu From VTposted 6 years ago

If you follow a Hubber, you'll get announcements of all Hubs created by that person.  But once you visit a specific Hub, you can choose to post or not, and can "unfollow" that specific Hub at any time.  Once you unfollow a specific Hub, no further post notifications from that Hub will come to you.  You'll also get no post notifications if you never post to the Hub (in this case you'll just get the original Hub creation announcement).

You can bookmark a Hub by right clicking on the page, and choosing "Add To Favorites."  A link to the URL will be in your MSIE Favorites dropdown.  This will not in and of itself result in any emails being sent to you.

4. agvulpes profile image87
    agvulpesposted 6 years ago

There is also an option in your 'profile' settings to alter the amount of emails your receive!
    On your Profile page click 'edit profile' then 'email settings' You then have a choice of getting a digest of Hubs published or none at all :-)
    Hope this helps!

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

You could go the old fashioned way, and remember what it is you were interested in seeing if it were followed up on or not.

working