jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

I have watched my Hub score go from 84 to 90 to 86 in that last week with my doi

1. clark farley profile image77
    clark farleyposted 6 years ago

I have watched my Hub score go from 84 to 90 to 86 in that last week with my doing nothing...wth?

I know that Hub Score is meaningless and unimportant and most people say ignore it...but then again I did put it there, it must serve someone some purpose.
    As an experiment I have held off from creating a Hub or following people for about 10 days...during which the score rose from 84 to 90 and back to 86 (the last drop was 3 pts in 1 days)

2. twilanelson profile image60
    twilanelsonposted 6 years ago

I have noticed many Hubbers asking the same question.  I can only hope that someday we will be let in on the secret.  I have done the same type of experiment and cannot tell what/how the scores are changed, often with what seems to be no reason or rhyme.

3. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

We WILL NOT know the secret... if we did everyone would be at 100 and it wouldn't mean anything.

(Actually, the ' real secret' may be that it really doesn't mean anything, anyway.)

Hang in there, write some decent stuff. Build it, it will come, but that doesn't mean it means anything. 
    This is not a bubble-exploding video game that makes you think you are wonderful if you get the top score. It is an incentive to keep improving, for some.

But you are the only judge of how well you are doing, either in earning some money, in helping people solve their problems, providing useful information ,or just adding some food for thought and entertainment.

4. breathe2travel profile image79
    breathe2travelposted 6 years ago

Mine have been up to 97 and as low as 48 -- and I have NOOOOOOO idea why!  Please message me if you ever discover the reason!

My personal score stays between 92 & 97 ...

5. Jason Oleinik profile image75
    Jason Oleinikposted 6 years ago

Well I know for sure that it increases when you "do stuff" (ie edit articles, participate on forums/questions). When you're not doing anything the only thing I can see affecting it is how much traffic you get on your hubs and profile, and whether or not people upvote or downvote your hubs.

6. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

The hub scores, just like your profile score is highly dependent on the number of visitors. Your profile score is also minimally dependent on other factors, but nothing affects the scores more than the number of visitors.

working