jump to last post 1-12 of 12 discussions (14 posts)

Why was my question closed and removed after only a couple days?

1. RandomThoughts... profile image77
    RandomThoughts...posted 6 years ago

Why was my question closed and removed after only a couple days?

2. Jlbowden profile image90
    Jlbowdenposted 6 years ago

Hi RT:

I'm not sure exactly what the question was, that you had asked in the first place? Could you provide a sample of the question and did you post it in one of the forums? Can not really give you a positive answer until I can see it.  However, if I were to take a guess, it could have been removed and closed, if the HP team thought that it had inappropriate content within, or something along those lines. Hope that helps a little.

Jl

3. kallini2010 profile image82
    kallini2010posted 6 years ago

HP will send you a notification sooner or later.

Some of my questions were closed because:

"Your recent question "What's your position on a--l sex?" has been removed because it encouraged a discussion rather than a Hub or short answer. Surveys and poll-type questions do not belong in the Q&A section.  To engage in a discussion or conversation, please post in the Forums section..."

But I thought, that some were considered "adult content" (however, some hubs discuss adult content) and I was not going to be obscene;

Then there was a question on religion, the picture I chose was not very appealing - but it was for a purpose - to make people open their eyes - instead the question was closed.

But the strangest case - "vomitous verbal constructions" -  It is not even my phrase - it was a quote - a question about ridiculous expressions.

One question I phrased poorly "I don't want to marry a father figure."  There was an explanation there, yet, it was closed as if inviting a discussion.

You can always find another way of asking a question -

I used to be more active in the Q&A section, but now I tend to skip it, most answers are too banal to be bothered.

If and when I have a truly interesting question, then... perhaps I will ask it, but until then...

4. RandomThoughts... profile image77
    RandomThoughts...posted 6 years ago

The question was...
    What countries have the best governments, for the people and by the people. I posted it in questions.

5. Fotographer profile image57
    Fotographerposted 6 years ago

Hp has hired new moderators that don't seem qualified for the job. Although hubpages is removing questions that encourage debate from the questions section but some questions get removed without a reason.

1. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

i agree with you.

6. Rastamermaid profile image74
    Rastamermaidposted 6 years ago

It's strange I had a question that was closed and rmoved,only to see it appear by another hubber and remained posted.

Never received any type of reason at all.

1. peachpurple profile image83
      peachpurpleposted 4 years agoin reply to this

yeah same problem here. Ditto.

7. Ebey Soman profile image83
    Ebey Somanposted 6 years ago

It can be removed if it violated the terms of service, considered spam or simply a awful question with too many grammatical or structural errors.

If you question is too general, then I guess they can remove it too. They (moderators) want specific questions that people can answer. After all, this is not a blog.

8. puddingicecream profile image74
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I'm actually not so sure myself - two of my questions were removed recently for no given reason.

9. American View profile image59
    American Viewposted 6 years ago

Depends on the question or hub. If it does not agree with their views they will unpublish it

10. clintonb profile image59
    clintonbposted 6 years ago

There must be some violation of terms and conditions! You might have used a violating keyword which made HB team remove your question.

11. justateacher profile image83
    justateacherposted 6 years ago

I had the same thing happen to me. It seemed that my question was okay - in my opinion it was just a simple question..."Are you still in love with your first love?" I didn't get any reason for it to be removed...still wondering why...

12. Rochelle Frank profile image95
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Many questions have been asked and answered time and again-- and can be answered easily if people  take time to visit the learning center or "help" links.

The same questions get tiresome and repetitive.

Some of the suggestions posted here may have some validity, but  I don't think it is because  the question disagrees with HP's views, or is removed 'without reason'.
    The main reason for asking questions here is to stimulate thought and prompt ideas for possible hubs.

If you need technical help or want to start a discussion, go to the forums.

working