jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

If I cancel the adsense stuff, will my hubpages ad program be featured more?

1. NathanielZhu profile image71
    NathanielZhuposted 6 years ago

If I cancel the adsense stuff, will my hubpages ad program be featured more?

It's weird because if I get 100 views, I only get around 10 cents at 4 dollars CPM. If the CPM is 4 dollars, then I would assume I should be getting around 40 cents right. I don't which means that the other 30 cents must be featured in adsense ads which brings in barely anything. My question is: If I got rid of adsense - if I get 100 views and CPM is 4 dollars, would I get 40 cents??????

2. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

I don't know the answer to this but I might now someone who does. I believe that he was using just one of the ad programs. You will have to get in touch with him; he is also a Hub Greeter:

I hope this helps you!

3. LuisEGonzalez profile image87
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

Yes, the space currently occupied by Adsense will then be occupied by HubPages Ad program and this program has a higher C.P.M

There is a caveat however, HP Ads would ideally have to somehow relate to your topic and the number of advertisers participating in the HP Ad program is far fewer than those in Adsense.

4. Robin profile image
    Robinposted 6 years ago

Hi NathanielZhu, to be in the HubPages Ad program you have to have Adsense running as well.  If you haven't signed up for the HubPages Ad program, you might want to try it.  Here's the FAQ entries around it.  http://hubpages.com/faq/#hpads-description

5. Ken Barton profile image58
    Ken Bartonposted 6 years ago

You have to have the Adsense account active in order for the HP Ads feature to work. Ex. my Adsense account got deactivated because of so-called invalid clicking; which, made my Hub Ad program unavailable for me to use. One should not be connected to the other, but they are. What bothered me was the fact that Adsense Ads continued to be placed along side my Hubs after they deactivated my account. So, to prevent them from doing this I had to change all my Hubs over to non-commercial Hubs so I could close all Ads. Anyhow, the question was, can you just use the Hub Ads rather than Adsense Ads and I'm sure you will find you can't. In order to have the one, the other has to be an active account.