jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

Will commenting on my own hubs raise my Hubscore and the hubscore of an article?

1. alocsin profile image88
    alocsinposted 6 years ago

Will commenting on my own hubs raise my Hubscore and the hubscore of an article?

I've been avoiding responding to comments on my own hubs, because I only want comments by others to appear in my comment count. But, if putting my own comments in raises the score and the Hubpages cash, I'm willing to do it.

2. CASE1WORKER profile image74
    CASE1WORKERposted 6 years ago

The only possible reason you would comment on your hub is if you were answering, or thanking another hubber for their comment. It would be totally  unreasonable to write a comment on your own hub, in my opinion. If you wish to update the hub you can use the edit button function in any capsule.

3. DeborahFantasia profile image61
    DeborahFantasiaposted 6 years ago

I only comment on my hub to respond to someone elses comment. I don't know if it raises your hub score or not. Although you can get certain recognitions for commenting on other peoples Hubs.

4. gmwilliams profile image85
    gmwilliamsposted 6 years ago

You cannot do this.  Let others read and comment on your hubs.   If you initiate a comment on your hubs, it will reek of desperaton and in fact, will lower your hub score and readership,.  Do not do it!

5. alocsin profile image88
    alocsinposted 6 years ago

I wasn't clear. When I meant commenting on my own hubs, I meant only as a response to other people's comments.  That to me seems a bit desperate. But if that's the way you raise the hubscore, maybe I should be doing that.

6. Krysanthe profile image94
    Krysantheposted 6 years ago

I almost always comment when someone has commented on a hub.  If it raises the score, I have no idea.  BUT, for me it seems like the polite thing to do.

7. puddingicecream profile image73
    puddingicecreamposted 6 years ago

I also only comment to respond to other hubbers who have commented. Other than that, I see no need to comment on my own hubs.