jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Should hubs about current events at some point be deleted?

1. kd4rvb profile image60
    kd4rvbposted 6 years ago

Should hubs about current events at some point be deleted?

Should hubs about current events at some point be deleted? Does keeping them when interest dies affect my scores?

2. shazwellyn profile image59
    shazwellynposted 6 years ago

No.  This is a great point of reference for future generations to get an objective view in a historical perspective.

It has always been the winners of war, for example, that write history - a biased perspective from the point of view of the winner.  With the advent of the Internet, it is the people that are writing history.  From the mass of information comes the underlying context of truth from all angles.

3. wychic profile image88
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I'd just like to add to what shazwellyn said -- I wouldn't delete them, but simply update them to remove any time-sensitive wording (i.e. "this year") and replace them with "evergreen" wording (i.e. "In 2011") and then let them stand. They eventually go from being outdated current events to historical pieces tongue.

4. moiragallaga profile image81
    moiragallagaposted 6 years ago

They shouldn't be deleted. Because with the passage of time, current events becomes part of history, especially those of major impact and relevance. Future generations will be looking back at it and studying it. Major current events have the potential to affect future developments in the world or society. For the same reason we study history today, future generations will be studying our time period today (and hopefully not make the same mistakes we have) as part of their history classes or courses.

working