Am I Crazy or Is this a Way to Maintain some traffic, Fun Traffic even

Jump to Last Post 1-11 of 11 discussions (14 posts)
  1. kirstenblog profile image79
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

Ok so here is what is on my mind. Right now I am back a work (a school) and don't have much time/energy to write much. I have however taken to looking for articles to read on the different steps to creating successful pages. My experiences so far have been so encouraging that I really think I can improve my strategy and focus and maybe give up one of my other day jobs ugh. I don't actually get that many click throughs' as my early hubs are ok at best as far as being profitable goes.

I have noticed something with my ok hubs, the clicks are starting to go up in this last week or so. There seems to be a pattern tho. With all these great pages I have been reading I have just had to make comments. This seems like a little thing to me, very basic interaction with the hub pages community really. The thing is this seems to be spiking my traffic and clicks, looking at my google stats it seems that my profile and say one or two pages are getting more clicks then when I can't find the time and am completely inactive here.

I wonder if these awesome pages are attracting traffic and that traffic is linking to my pages like the comment left was such as to invite general readers to come check me out? Has anyone else noticed this sort of pattern?

2. shamelabboush profile image52
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

Of course it's a pattern. Any activity you do such as commenting on one of the hubs will be registered and brought to surface, an action that we call "Hubtivity". This Hubtivity appears on every front page of your fans...

3. Leop profile image60
    Leopposted 14 years ago

That is very true. I have noticed the same pattern on my hub too. Thanks for infor

4. Csjun89 profile image61
    Csjun89posted 14 years ago

Sounds like a nice bonus for commenting on posts
    I never saw hubtivity until today

5. rumbling profile image49
    rumblingposted 14 years ago

I have also commented on some hubs and its nice to know that you are rewarded for that through hubtivity.

6. viryabo profile image95
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Never realised commenting on fellow hubbers hubs is an added plus, even as i do it. Nice to know that. smile

7. Isabellas profile image72
    Isabellasposted 14 years ago

If you are looking for outside traffic from other than Hubpages try backlinking to your hubs by writing short articles for Ezinearticles or blog posts with anchor text linking back to your hub which will increase your standings in Google and other search engines. Just what I have found helped me gain ranking quickly in Google to get search traffic outside of hubpages.

1. sandwichmom profile image59
      sandwichmomposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you As a newbie I am learning through reading these posts-
      I even went back thru two article and sued keywords i researched- It only took me up a fewpoints- but maybe they will get searched and improve my hub score?

8. lisakprice profile image61
    lisakpriceposted 14 years ago

Way cool!  I have enjoyed commenting on other Hubber's post, and just learning that I may be helping my own traffic is a complete bonus!

9. RedSonja94 profile image60
    RedSonja94posted 14 years ago

I didn't know this.  Thanks for sharing the information with everyone.  I will have to start doing this.

10. visitmaniac profile image61
    visitmaniacposted 14 years ago

I just started posting on hub pages and have to say now a few days into it nearly all my stats are hubpage users. While a few outside of it. Working to build those outside links and build traffic that way. However a great community we have here that is for sure!

11. Georgina_writes profile image79
    Georgina_writesposted 14 years ago

It would be great to get extra traffic this way.  I've only just started posting.  Like you I have a day job (four exactly at the minute) and time is pressured, so I used my time writing hubs.  Now I'm exploring a little.

1. catwoman89 profile image60
      catwoman89posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you have FOUR JOBS ???? I'm incredulous! How do you DO it and still SLEEP?

2. kirstenblog profile image79
      kirstenblogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think the forums are a great way to keep the dust off my presence here at hub pages smile I do not always feel up to thinking up a whole article and I just want to chill out, its nice that all of what we do here adds value to the site as a whole and to each of us individually as well.

There is something I am hoping to try when I get the time. I recently realized that referring people to good hub pages as well as to join the site can mean a little cash return if that traffic results in clicks. The author get %60 and hubpages get %40 unless there is a referrer then hubpages gives up %10 to that referrer. I figure that there are a lot of articles here that have helped me to understand keywords and all that stuff, they may help others too and maybe we will all share in success that way. I figure its worth a try and it may help some of the authors here I am now friends with so they should be chuffed smile.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)