jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What should be my next subject?

1. lydocia profile image59
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

What should be my next subject?

When it came to my first Hub, which was also the first article I ever published anywhere, it was only a matter of time before I would write it: I am experienced with the subject, plenty of people were urging me to actually write something about it so they could learn from my experience and I had nothing else to do than write, write, write.

Now I'm kind of stuck. I want to write, but I never seem to find a topic that I know plenty about, that I can do research about and that I can interestingly write about.

Suggestions? What would you want to see a Hub about?

2. mikielikie profile image68
    mikielikieposted 6 years ago

Whats your favorite food, music, hobbies? Just write about something you love. All my hubs are about things I love. Like the outdoors and fishing and my family...In that order.(not really) but I hope you find something to write about soon. Can't wait!!!

3. almasi profile image58
    almasiposted 6 years ago

I suggest you begin from where you are - write about your "writer's block" if that is what it is and something will develop from there.

Alternatively check this hub by one of the experienced hubbers.
    http://pattyinglishms.hubpages.com/hub/ … n-HubPages

4. freecampingaussie profile image60
    freecampingaussieposted 6 years ago

You wrote your 1  hub 9 months ago so maybe write about what you have been doing since then ? or what your interests / hobbies in life are ?

5. lydocia profile image59
    lydociaposted 6 years ago

Thank you for the kind replies. smile

I have published my first hub two days ago, but I created my account 9 months ago. To follow a friend who had a Hubpages account, and to start writing - but none of the things I wrote, I was feeling confident enough about to actually publish them.

Things I love: other than the obvious (boyfriend - friends - family) and my studies to become a teacher (English and IT), I enjoy web design, digital artwork, writing in itself and computer games (currently, mostly the Sims 3).

I don't have much talent in the art department, so I would not be able to write any tutorials about that. I could write about web design, but a HTML/CSS guide has been done thirteen times in a dozen already. I could go for more specific subjects, as a teacher it is my job to make the matter available for people with less experience after all, but it is hard thinking those up without a sort of "request". Does that make sense?!

With my hub on lucid dreaming, for those who have read it, I only wrote because people urged me to. I am a natural lucid dreamer and I wanted to learn more about the matter so I started some research and wrote about my own experiences, but if it had not been for others to actively motivate me to finish it because they really wanted to read about my lucid experiences, I would have never finished or published it in the first place.

working