jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Do people online ever call you a spammer?

1. stuff4you profile image63
    stuff4youposted 6 years ago

Do people online ever call you a spammer?

Do you think you are one at all? Spam is sometimes a matter of opinion.

How do you respond when they do?

2. ibbarkingmad profile image81
    ibbarkingmadposted 6 years ago

Well, there may have been one point where I may have been called such because I did forward a lot of emails. When a person unceasingly forwards random non-personal communications that is what I call a mild spammer. My mom does this all the time. When that person (such as my mom) continues to forward such non-personal emails after you ask them not to, then they are a true spammer.

3. randomcreative profile image92
    randomcreativeposted 6 years ago

Nope, I've never been called a spammer.  I try to be very careful about not sending tons of messages to anyone, friends or strangers, about my hubs, jewelry listings, blog posts, etc.  If they want to find them, they know where to look.

4. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

Yes, but I do not think it was fair.  After all, I was just positing an informative article (hub) about the topic at hand, and not trying to sell anything.  The message board I was called a spammer on is full of a lot of actual off topic spam, so to call my on topic article spam seemed unreasonable.

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image98
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

Here's the thing.  If you join a website you need to participate in that website.  If all you do on a site is throw links to your hubs in there. . . .then you really ARE a spammer.  I know - because I used to do that on some really good websites, and I got kicked off and banned from them.

All you have to do is comment things that are not yours, and be friendly - then you can link your hubs, and everyone will be okay with it unless it's just against their TOS.

working