jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

How long does it take before even a penny shows up on adsense, etc?

1. Jenna Pope profile image60
    Jenna Popeposted 6 years ago

How long does it take before even a penny shows up on adsense, etc?

2. MangBerto08 profile image82
    MangBerto08posted 6 years ago

Got my first click yesterday, That's 7-8 days after I was approved.

3. TMApsey profile image80
    TMApseyposted 6 years ago

I had an adsense account before I started, and I still haven't gotten any clicks after 3 weeks. I'm hoping it's just a matter of time!

4. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Two days after my Adsense account was approved, I had 6 cents show up in my account. The next day the total was 8 cents. That was today. I'll see what happens tomorrow. Hang in there. Keep writing and learning and give it time. I read every day, trying to learn how to increase my traffic. And I just keep trying to write, and do a quality job. I'm hoping it will all come together and I'll eventually make a little bit. I was encouraged with my first pennies, though!

5. Oddity profile image73
    Oddityposted 6 years ago

The moment your Adsense is approved, you can begin earning money but only if people are clicking your ads.

The best advice I could give is to keep building up your content so you get more people that CAN view your ads; it's not a guarantee that they'll click them but you'll have a greater chance when you play the numbers.

From what I've seen, you generally get between 2 - 6% click through with Adsense (and that's on the high side) - this is coming from experience with my own websites.

So, you could (generally) expect 2 people to click an ad per 100 people that visit your page. Multiply that by a few thousands it will go up (obviously) but don't forget that not all ads pay well because you only get about 60% of the adsense revenue (other half goes to Google).

6. lady rain profile image94
    lady rainposted 6 years ago

I had 2 clicks on Adsense during my first week with Hubpages and since then, I have none. With over 3000 views on my hubs, that's a 0.06% click through rate sad

7. lzlpio90 profile image81
    lzlpio90posted 6 years ago

I haven't yet earned pennies from adsense. I ve got 6 cents from hugpage ads within 9days... to low... but, i know im still new here...

8. Jenna Pope profile image60
    Jenna Popeposted 6 years ago

I made 5 cents yesterday! I wasn't sure if I was actually connected. Yay!

working