jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Still behaving like an adolescent teen when it comes to publishing a new hub!

1. K Kiss profile image83
    K Kissposted 6 years ago

Still behaving like an adolescent teen when it comes to publishing a new hub!

I just published my 41st hub and this time on Retro Music and I can't help but check every 5 minute if anyone has read it tongue. Is this normal?

2. Anaydena profile image82
    Anaydenaposted 6 years ago

lol I'm sure it is. It's just simply seeing if people like your hubs, or are reading them and finding what you have to say interesting. It may never go away, but all in all, write because you love it. Don't write just to hope people like you for it big_smile Congrats on the 41st hub, by the way! I just published my 12th lol Long way from 41st, but I'll get there! I'll check out our page after I finish writing this... oh, and keep writing, never stop!!!

3. thejeffriestube profile image73
    thejeffriestubeposted 6 years ago

Haha, yes, that's normal. If that's what makes you keep writing, the thrill if anyone will read it, then do it!

4. profile image0
    Suramya.Kposted 6 years ago

I have the worst case with my AdSense reports.
    I used to log in every time to see if I have got clicks. But no...
    I come back and log in and again no.
    Now I have my AdSense window open in another tab.

Your case is similar and I'm sorry I can't help you on this. And yes, its perfectly normal - at least for me!!

5. Wesman Todd Shaw profile image97
    Wesman Todd Shawposted 6 years ago

I haven't had an adsense click in days.  Guess I'd better come up with some new game plans. . . .

I'm more obsessive about traffic though - cause I can't ask anyone or make anyone click anything, obviously.  What is actually exciting for me are amazon sales.  Those a truly special!

6. jacqui2011 profile image84
    jacqui2011posted 6 years ago

I do the same. At the moment I only write on HP as I'm still new to writing. Once I have published a hub, I check in every 10 minutes to see if anyone has read it. I think you and I are normal (hopefully!!) Lol.

7. Bianu profile image59
    Bianuposted 6 years ago

Yes, it is terrible. I check every few hours.

8. FloraBreenRobison profile image59
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

If I had a large number of hubs  and had been here a long time, I might stop checking traffic-not necesaarily if someone has read any specific hubs, but my overall views.  maybe this is related to the Panda issue as well.  I don't check every 5 minutes, but I do check when I wake up and before I go to bed. I write down the number of overall views to see how my traffic changes duringthe 24 hour period. I get the most traffic during the daytime-very few views overnight, actually as little as 5 and as much as 25. It makes me think most (say, 90%) of my readers live in North america and are asleep when  I am. My overall views  were highest during the week I was nominated for a hubnugget. I think it is wonderful to be excited about  your writing. However, I don't bother checking my adsense every day-I know people aren't clicking on my ads. I don't write about the "correct" subjects for tthat. smile

9. truthfornow profile image82
    truthfornowposted 6 years ago

Yes.  I think most people check all the time.  We want to know if people are reading our hubs and get impatient. smile

10. drvosjeca profile image61
    drvosjecaposted 6 years ago

I was doing that for first few months on hubpages, now i know there is no hope for me  wink

working