jump to last post 1-7 of 7 discussions (7 posts)

How many words your hub is made up of in average?

1. softhard profile image60
    softhardposted 6 years ago

How many words your hub is made up of in average?

Mine is about 500 words in average.

2. AEvans profile image80
    AEvansposted 6 years ago

My hubs average word count is 500-1000 depending on what I am writing about. If you write a hub that is to lengthy readers appear to not read the entire hub. Google analytics tracks all of the information when it comes to length of stay on a writer's page.

3. JEDIJESSICUH profile image81
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 6 years ago

I'd say mine average about 700 words or so, but that's just a general guess. I know I write a lot of content in mine even though I try not to.

4. Greensleeves Hubs profile image96
    Greensleeves Hubsposted 6 years ago

I always intend keeping my hubs to under 1000 words, but usually mine are factually based pages of information, and the more I research the topic, the longer the hubs become as I try to fit in all the info. So far most have been over 1000 words, and a few have been over 4000 words.

I wouldn't mind, but a 4000 word hub takes 4 times longer than a 1000 word hub and uses up 4 times as much of my life! (And I still don't get many visitors!)

5. LuisEGonzalez profile image88
    LuisEGonzalezposted 6 years ago

I have found that the best number, at least for me, is around 800. My earlier hubs were about 500 and did not attract much traffic. Since I started taking them to around 800 my traffic has improved.

6. profile image0
    Lynn S. Murphyposted 6 years ago

Mine are about 500. Maybe I need to get a little chattier.

7. Hunbbel Meer profile image87
    Hunbbel Meerposted 6 years ago

It depends on the topic.

1. When I write poetries, I cannot reach 500-700 words. They are usually of 150-200 words.

2. When I write some informative articles, I have to push the barrier up a little bit. I have written articles from 500 words to 1200 words and a series about Personality, which eventually I had to split up into 3 parts, because it was so much information in there. It counted as almost 3000 words.