jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

Are you number conscious on hubpages?

1. iviskei profile image75
    iviskeiposted 6 years ago

Are you number conscious on hubpages?

Hubpages has numbers EVERYWHERE - your hub score, the score you get on your articles, impressions, page views, money, and so on so forth. Do you keep track of these numbers religiously? Maybe only a few of them on occasion? Or do you feel they are unimportant?

I know I do. Makes me feel like I'm making progress when any of those numbers rise. Then I feel fairly accomplished and happy~    smile

2. javaoverride profile image61
    javaoverrideposted 6 years ago

Yes I look at them every few hours I can’t help it I know I probably shouldn’t.

3. daskittlez69 profile image78
    daskittlez69posted 6 years ago

I gave up on the #'s I can work hard and the # drops to a 75 or I can not do anything for a day and the # will be a 91.  I quit trying to figure out what the # means and how to raise it.

4. profile image0
    Arlene V. Pomaposted 6 years ago

Nope.  What's important to me is writing so that Writer's Block/procrastination doesn't set in again.  The last bout I had lasted for years.  But then again, I loved the job I had at the time and didn't want to do anything else.  I don't suffer from Hub Score Envy or any number envy.  What I want is to build my portfolio of Hubs.  I have also turned into a busy body who thanks and answers everyone who leaves me a message.  When I was with the Other Guys, I was around grumps.   I wasn't lucky enough to have all these friendly Hubbers.  I love being around these friendly Hubbers.

5. YadiraE profile image89
    YadiraEposted 6 years ago

Yes! I'm always looking. I don't want to but I have to.

6. catsimmons profile image82
    catsimmonsposted 6 years ago

No..I'm not here checking up on the numbers *crosses fingers behind back*

7. Victoria Lynn profile image90
    Victoria Lynnposted 6 years ago

Yes, I look at them way too much. Can't even stay away from it at work!

8. poetvix profile image73
    poetvixposted 6 years ago

Sadly, I do look at my overall score and individual hub scores.  I don't check for money stuffs as I have never connected my accounts.  I'm here for the practice and to read and learn.  The scores do bother me though as I can't seem to figure out the equation they are calculated from.  I know of some things that help increase a score, for a while, but the entire equation eludes me.

9. Gloshei profile image60
    Glosheiposted 6 years ago

Yes I do check each time I sign in, don't really understand it though.
    As for the money side of it I never been able to add my code I find the tutorial a bit quick in places for me to understand. So I have never earnt any, but I do like trying to hub and connect with people on their hubs.
    It is a way of meeting people as well.  If I ever earn from it then that is a bonus.
    Good question.

working