jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Does anyone change their profile pictures?

1. Neerizzle profile image80
    Neerizzleposted 6 years ago

Does anyone change their profile pictures?

Just wondering how profile pictures work around here, do you guys change them often or have they been the same since you joined? I know it's a part of your identity on the community so it would be weird for people to get used to your new profile picture, but am I wrong to treat it as a facebook profile picture? I'd like to change mine every now and then, would you guys recommend that? And should I make it look a bit more professional?

2. nancynurse profile image78
    nancynurseposted 6 years ago

Yes I have changed my profile picture several times .Just download a photo from your computer

3. Cagsil profile image60
    Cagsilposted 6 years ago

Yes. I change my profile picture from time to time. Only when I get sick of looking at the picture which is on it. LOL!

4. lisabeaman profile image83
    lisabeamanposted 6 years ago

I've never changed mine... even though I do get tired of it! But then... I really never like any picture of myself and this is one that I don't hate as much as usual smile

I do think keeping the same or similar photo helps to have some stability to the identity. I know a few hubbers will change theirs but they keep them with a similar theme (Marisa Wright is a good example). Personally, I don't think treating it like a facebook profile page is a good idea. On facebook, your friends know you and you changing your photo is fun for them and you as well. On hubpages... some readers might start recognizing your photo before they recognize your name. If you change it a lot, that might not happen. But that's just my opinion...

working