jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

Does anyone know how you can check your Hub Karma? Due to the page layout change

1. Philanthropy2012 profile image88
    Philanthropy2012posted 5 years ago

Does anyone know how you can check your Hub Karma? Due to the page layout change it has changed.

Where you could normally click the "suggests link" button and see it on the right, that is no longer possible with the new hub layouts. Somebody that keeps up to date - help me!

2. relache profile image90
    relacheposted 5 years ago

At this point, HubKarma is a failed experiment that is no longer important, and you shouldn't worry about it.

Philanthropy2012posted 5 years agoin reply to this

So it's no longer going to be integrated into Hubpages at all? Will hubscore still be effected by the amounts of links made?

2. relache profile image90
      relacheposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Unfortunately HubKarma encouraged links to random words, which actually produced unrelated links.  That backfired when the Panda and Penguin updates happened.  People with low Karma lost less traffic from Google than people with high Karma.

3. Philanthropy2012 profile image88

Ahh that makes perfect sense, I understand that Panda and Penguin updates made google searches even more efficient? It can now tell that a hub has unrelated links on it (the Google algorithm is becoming well and truly magical)?

3. WD Curry 111 profile image59
    WD Curry 111posted 5 years ago

I'm writing a hub about it. It will be coming soon.

Thanks, awaiting it.

2. 50 Caliber profile image61
      50 Caliberposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Your a good man! Check your e mail please,
      dust

3. WD Curry 111 profile image59
      WD Curry 111posted 5 years agoin reply to this
  4. Stephen Crowley profile image60
    Stephen Crowleyposted 5 years ago

yes, no need for that stat and I am so glad hubpages reacted quickly to the Panda effects, and also Penguin.

5. Marisa Wright profile image97
    Marisa Wrightposted 5 years ago

Even when HubKarma was being heavily promoted, it made very little difference to HubScore or Hubber Score.

I know that because my Hubber score has always been in the high 90's even though my HubKarma score was always pitiful.

working