Why am I seeing weird characters " â " in RSS feed for one of my titles instead

1. Ania L profile image83
    Ania Lposted 6 years ago

Why am I seeing weird characters  " â " in RSS feed for one of my titles instead of "-"

2. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

You probably made your original title with MS Word and copied it into your hub.  MS Word auto-corrects the minus sign into a long dash.  But often on the web, there isn't a long dash sign so it gets converted into something else instead - in your case the weird 'a' character.  This is more likely to be an issue in RSS feeds than in your actual hub, for some reason.  To fix this, go to your title of your actual hub (in Edit Hub - don't use MS Word at all), and replace the dash with the minus sign on your keyboard.  That's all there is to it.  BUT, it will take awhile for your RSS feeds to update accordingly.  I'm not sure if I mean hours or days, but something like that.

3. zanaworld profile image66
    zanaworldposted 6 years ago

Ania L, you asked the same question which was on my mind for a long time.

And thanks to Giselle Maine for her answer.  Next time I take care not to use MS Word.  It is bit weird sometimes.

When I copy text from MS Word to HubPages, the two spaces I give after every sentence disappear!

These days, I write article in MS Word, then I copy the whole content to a text file, then I copy paste into HubPages.

for Titles, I still use the MS Word.  Now, not any more!  Thanks Ania L and Giselle Maine!