jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

When should you post something as a question or in a forum? What is the differe

1. LABrashear profile image60
    LABrashearposted 6 years ago

When should you post something as a question or in a forum?  What is the difference?

2. Anishpat profile image78
    Anishpatposted 6 years ago

thats a great question! I guess if there is no topic for your question in forum, you can always post it on questions!

3. MonetteforJack profile image73
    MonetteforJackposted 6 years ago

Post something as a question when you as a questioner would like to have answers only. 

In the forum, you as questioner can ask more clarifications and even post your reactions from those who posted their comments and answers.  There is a flow of communication here.

4. Taleb80 profile image82
    Taleb80posted 6 years ago

I have a hub about this (Forums or Question & Answers - Which factors are affecting choosing one of them?)
    I hope it will help.

5. jimmythejock profile image85
    jimmythejockposted 6 years ago

posting a question has a couple of advantages, you can post it directly to an individual author who will recieve an email from hubpages telling them that you have asked a question.
    And posting a question gives the authors a choice they can either answer your question like i am doing here as a short answer or they can create a hub on the question giving them a chance to earn some extra revenue from your question.....jimmy

6. wychic profile image89
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I already answered this question here:

http://wychic.hubpages.com/hub/What-is- … ges-Forums

Hope that helps smile.

7. tsmog profile image81
    tsmogposted 6 years ago

I am not sure of the etiquette totally. I have received notices on questions that they should be in the forum. My take is it may be controversial with more views and opinions than an 'answer.' I tend to stay away from the forum, since I don't feel I can give enough time to be a participant. However, that is a poor attitude if it is a good forum question and one is seeking counsel through others views on a subject.

8. terrektwo profile image85
    terrektwoposted 6 years ago

Forums seem more for questions you need answers to whereas the questions ask just on hubpages are a lot of meaningless philosophic questions.