jump to last post 1-8 of 8 discussions (8 posts)

Do you ever "unfollow" your own hub or forum because the comments become tiresom

1. cooldad profile image61
    cooldadposted 6 years ago

Do you ever "unfollow" your own hub or forum because the comments become tiresome?

I've started some forums and written some hubs that I've almost stopped following even though I created them.  I enjoy debate and comments, but sometimes they go off in tangents and attacks and there becomes too much "chest pounding".

Am I alone here?

2. ThoughtSandwiches profile image80
    ThoughtSandwichesposted 6 years ago

Hey cooldad...I recently stopped following the Politics and Social Issues category for that particular reason.  The inane bickering for no other reason than bickering...yeah...it took a toll.  I haven't stopped following my own hubs...cuz...well...if I don't follow them...who will...?

3. FloraBreenRobison profile image57
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 6 years ago

I've never started a hub or  forum that got out of hand. I don't know if it is technically possible to unfollow your own hub since as the author you will get updates in your comment section of  your account page when comments are made. It might stop them from being emailed to you. What I suggest you do  is close your hub to further comments. Or simply remove the  comments capsule totally. I've seen many hubs on controversial subjects start with a comment section only to have that section eliminated the next day and the hubber not have comment capsules on any further hubs on the same topic.

4. Rock_nj profile image93
    Rock_njposted 6 years ago

I have stopped following some questions I asked, because I received the answer I was looking for.  On your hubs, you could turn off people's ability to post comments, if the noise gets too loud.

5. Pamela N Red profile image86
    Pamela N Redposted 6 years ago

If the comments on an article you wrote get out of hand you can disable comments so no one else can add one. I haven't had any get to that point.

As far as the forums go you can just stop visiting that thread and no longer comment. I've noticed the religion and political ones can get a bit heated. I don't go in those.

6. kimh039 profile image90
    kimh039posted 6 years ago

I'm only writing this comment to annoy you so you stop following this question.  It is an interesting question though.

7. imatellmuva profile image79
    imatellmuvaposted 6 years ago

Not yet cooldad! As far as my hubs, I haven't written on a subject that would solicit what I think is an inappropiate repsonse. If so, then I would simply deny that type of comment.

As far as forum posts; one time I did start a forum post that generated heat, but I stayed the course with it. One it showed the diversity of setiments on one topic, and two, it showed the true colors of those whose commets, were too far to the left.

8. wychic profile image90
    wychicposted 6 years ago

I always unfollow my own stuff, because I'm going to be checking back in with it anyway so I don't need the e-mail. I will still get the new comments thing when I sign in, and I still see updates on my forum threads in my hubtivity. The last thing I need is more e-mail.