jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (11 posts)

How does one stop being notified of comments on the vertical sites?

1. TessSchlesinger profile image96
    TessSchlesingerposted 2 weeks ago

When one has made a comment on someone's hub, one is subsequently notified of all future comments. On hp, one could just say unfollow, but this option doesn't seem to be available on the niche sites.

I don't want to do my general settings to 'no notifications,' because I like to follow some. But if one has been following something for a few years, then, well, one doesn't really want to follow it anymore.

Thanks.

1. profile image51
      ThomasJeffrey202posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Deleted

2. Rochelle Frank profile image95
      Rochelle Frankposted 2 weeks ago

I think he is a spammer/scammer. He posted the same message on a couple of other topics that had nothing to do with the subject. I would delete and report.

3. Marisa Wright profile image99
      Marisa Wrightposted 2 weeks ago

When you get the email notification, isn't there a sentence that says, "To stop following this Hub, click here"?

TessSchlesingerposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

These are notifications in my feed, but you may be right!

4. Sherry Hewins profile image98
      Sherry Hewinsposted 2 weeks ago

I believe you can go back to the top of the comment section on the hub and unfollow that hub. I think you also have the option to choose not to follow it when you make the comment.

For some reason, I cannot find that link. Can you do s screenshot for me?

5. anusha15 profile image90
      anusha15posted 2 weeks ago

You're right, we don't have that good old unfollow button on the niche sites. But there is another way out.
      Once you posted your comment, and you've received the author's reply (this wait time is optional of course smile ), go to this link:
      https://hubpages.com/my/activity/hubs-following

You basically have directly gone to
      Following --> Articles You Follow

(Following is the sixth and the last tab on your dashboard. Or shall I say, the home page for "my account")

Notice the checkbox at the top? It is selected by default. You could deselect it, but then you won't be notified of the author's reaction to your comment on their article.

Next, you have all the articles you are currently following. These include the articles you have written. Just click on the Unfollow button, for each article you want to unfollow, and you are good. smile
      Attaching a screenshot too.

Hope that helped.
      smile

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/13802727_f1024.jpg

1. ChristinS profile image98
        ChristinSposted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Very helpful smile I just wish they'd make it easy to unfollow from the articles themselves - seems like a pretty basic thing.

1. anusha15 profile image90
          anusha15posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

Yeah, that is more intuitive, but see it from this angle: You want to unfollow, say, five articles. You don't have to visit the article page and can unfollow from this single page. These buttons don't redirect or try to open another page, and no confirmation required either. You just have to be careful, that you don't accidentally unfollow your own articles. Although, if that happens, you can click on the follow button again - the article you have unfollowed continues to show on this page unless you refresh it. smile

2. TessSchlesinger profile image96

Thanks That's ver helpful. smile

1. anusha15 profile image90
          anusha15posted 2 weeks agoin reply to this

You're welcome smile
          There's another way. If you receive email notifications, there is a unfollow button next to each article, but that will take you to a confirmation page, and you have to unfollow separately from each article. I think the former method is easier and faster smile

working