Why do the majority of writers fail on hubpages?

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. Nspeel profile image61
    Nspeelposted 12 years ago

Why do the majority of writers fail on hubpages?

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/5551269_f260.jpg

2. Gaizy profile image73
    Gaizyposted 12 years ago

It's difficult to assess how many writers have "failed" on Hubpages until you can define what they regard as success. For example, if you define success as having your writing published on the internet, then all Hubbers are successful. If you define success as becoming a millionaire from writing Hubs, then I doubt that any Hubbers are.

3. JT Walters profile image71
    JT Waltersposted 12 years ago

I didn't know that the majority of writers fail o Hubpages?  This is news to me.

JT

4. profile image0
    Eddie-Perkinsposted 12 years ago

That would depend upon one’s definition of failure. Personally I signed up to publish some memories. I’ve accomplished that and moving on to publishing material that is dear to my heart. If the only good that comes from it is the satisfaction I get from writing I’m not a failure.
    Of course that is just me. Others who are interested in making money or being famous may not have the necessary skills or it may be the wrong time of their lives. At any rate from my observation there are many writers here who are successful.

5. FloraBreenRobison profile image60
    FloraBreenRobisonposted 12 years ago

For some reason, I think this question is talking about monetary success  specifically. And that is simply not the only definition of success.

6. jepstoryline profile image64
    jepstorylineposted 12 years ago

As to why some people fail on hubsPages.

1. Learning to manage time for online work.
    2. Proof-reading skill
    3. Knowing what to write about and why.
    4. Organization
    5  Communication with other Hubbers

7. JEDIJESSICUH profile image76
    JEDIJESSICUHposted 12 years ago

I suppose you're talking monetarily, in which case I don't think most hubbers fail, they just don't meet your definition of success.

Most people make at least a few pennies while on HubPages, but since you can't cash out until you reach $50, they abandon the site because they don't want to wait. HubPages isn't a get rich quick scheme. You don't make hundreds of dollars a month until you've been here for a while, have written some quality hubs and learned how to properly link them. If you're someone who has the time to do that, then you will succeed on HubPages. However, there are a lot of people who give up, who don't understand the potential of their hubs, and who fail to get them search engine optimized and thus don't earn anything -- ending up a "failure".

8. sanathara profile image60
    sanatharaposted 12 years ago

I think patience and perseverance are the two main aspects to get success on Hubpages. Keep on posting quality posts and you will definitely get success.It does take time but thereafter I don't think you will have any complaints.

9. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 12 years ago

Most people don't reach the success they imagine they will have on HubPages due to simply not being able to discern good advice from poor advice.  As with any task or skill, it takes lots of effort and practice, and too many people think "quick tricks" will somehow benefit them.

10. LindaSmith1 profile image59
    LindaSmith1posted 12 years ago

One persons failure, is another persons success. Of course, you did not define failure. Many hubbers have read claims of those making hundreds of dollars here. However, anybody who is making beyond a dollar or two, have been here for years, are experience writers, and have hundreds of articles published here. Other reasons why some do better than others is that they may be well established on the Internet and have followers.

One small tip is that if you do not know how to use keywords and tags correctly, no matter where you write, you will not fair well.

These sites were not developed to earn money for writers. Imagine, having a site, where you have thousands of writers posting articles daily on it. Your money will come from google ads, and other advertisers. Why? Because John Doe who has a blog with 100 articles is struggling to get more than a Page 2 ranking, even though he does everything right. Your article submission site has thousands of articles that keep growing which gives you content that is also categorized. Because of your writers, your traffic, advertisers are willing to pay you to place an ad on your site.  But, ole John Doe will be struggling, advertisers will ignore him, because he is one simple person writing a few articles a day or even a month. 

There is an advantage to Hub Pages even though the pay here is not good. You are placing your articles on a highly ranked site within the search engines, giving you better exposure when people search on your keywords. Your article will be seen faster from a high PR site, than it will from your low PR ranked blog.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)