What are some good methods for creating titles? Adding words to a keyword seem t

1. HikeGuy profile image77
    HikeGuyposted 6 years ago

What are some good methods for creating titles? Adding words to a keyword seem to lose traffic.

This confuses me -- how to create specific titles yet not lose traffic. If I understand this correctly, HP wants us to use specific, rather than generic titles. Yet when I test titles for keyword recognition and potential traffic -- on Google trends, for example -- adding any words makes the title nearly worthless -- it appears. Even if I use a dash or colon to set off an added phrase to try to make the title more specific.

I've read articles on long-tail keywords and I've used the Wonder Wheel. Mystified.

So, is there something about this that I'm misunderstanding? Any tips? Thanks!

2. thranax profile image50
    thranaxposted 6 years ago

Yup, it doesnt count the whole title as a keyword.

If My keyword is Firefox Files these would be my titles:

Firefox Files - Learn how to organaize firefox files
    Files : Firefox Files and how to Manage them!
    Firefox Files : Filing never seemed so easy

All of them work. Try to keep the keyword as the first words in the title. Its not an automatic thing, just have them in the title its not worthless.

Search for on Google: adult anime figures
    I should be #4 notice how the keywords are bolded and i dont even use that keyword phrase in order in my title.

Hope this helps,
    ~thranax~

PS: do not put adult anime figures in quotations.

working