jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)

Why seasoned hubbers follow hubbers who have not even published a single hub

1. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

Why  seasoned hubbers follow hubbers who have not even published a single hub

the followed hubbers  are totally inactive on hubpages?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image96
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

I suppose there are several possible reasons.
    It might be a personal friend or someone they know from another writing site.
    It also may be someone who signed up under their tracker and they want to encourage them to write.
    I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. Anyone can follow anyone for any reason. It's not against the rules.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image95
    mistyhorizon2003posted 6 years ago

I think some Hubbers are 'followed' by the Hubber with no published Hubs, and they then make the mistake of automatically 'following' back. Personally I don't do this because I don't see any point in following someone if you don't even know if they can write well. Another thing I never do is follow a Hubber who has followed me, but when I check their profile I see they have just been on a 'following spree' and followed 20+ Hubbers one after another, clearly on a mission to gain loads of followers for themselves, and no real interest in reading the work of the Hubbers they just followed.

Bear in mind though that some Hubbers unpublished all their work here after Panda and various Hubpage changes were made. They may have followers who are seasoned Hubbers who followed them when their former excellent Hubs were still on Hubpages.

4. J.S.Matthew profile image83
    J.S.Matthewposted 6 years ago

Hello Rajan! Sometimes I follow Hubbers who have no content. As a HubGreeter, I try to offer them some links to help them get started. A lot of times people join but either don't know what to write about or maybe they just don't know how to get started. When I follow someone without Hubs I read their profile and try to make sure that they are a person and not just a company who will eventually produce spam. Sometimes I am wrong but usually the people I greet thank me and tell me that the links I shared with them were useful. Usually they publish a Hub shortly after. I know that some Hubbers just follow whoever they can just to get followers. To each his own I guess!

JSMatthew~

5. nenytridiana profile image60
    nenytridianaposted 6 years ago

The beginner is one of the hubbers target to increase traffic. I don't know it is fair or not.

6. skye2day profile image77
    skye2dayposted 6 years ago

For myself I follow to encourage or inspire one to move forward. I think of where I was at when I started at the hubs. Not much confidence. Perhaps the new hubber is exploring and hopefully reading lots of hubs. We do have a choice to unfollow if we choose. Hey, if I can lend a hand I am up for it. I know inspiration was a key for me to keep on it. I had one hub when I started. If it were not for words of hope I may have exited hub pages. Thats my story I am sticking to it. Give water, get water, give love, get love. Give nothing, get nothing. We reap what we sow. Blessings on your hub journey.

Just for fun, 'the only fair I know is the one where you buy cotton candy.' We reap what we sow. Our true colors will eventually shine through good motive or evil motive. The Light always puts out the dark.

I do agree with misty if a hubber is only follow follow, follow, follow and has followed 20 or so people with no reading then the motive seems clear. They follow me to get my follow with little intention of reading my hub that I have put my soul into. I think all have done a bit of this if you say not your kidding yourself. Many hubbers have a gazillion followers in a very short time. They read fast and are likely very good writers. Enough of my stuff. Hugs.

7. lobobrandon profile image92
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Matthew did follow me and I am writing plenty now to publish a whole bunch together. Thanks to mat I got a little beginners push

8. K. Burns Darling profile image82
    K. Burns Darlingposted 6 years ago

Answering only for myself, I only follow the hubs of hubbers whom I have a genuine interest in their content. If I follow the hub of a hubber with no content, then I have chosen them based on their profile, if after sometime they still have not produced anything, I usually un-follow them.  However, I rarely run across a hubber that I am interested in who hasn't published any hubs.

9. sholland10 profile image94
    sholland10posted 6 years ago

I agree with J.S.  He was the first one to greet me when I came to HP, and he and several others have been a tremendous help in getting me started and keeping me motivate.  Following someone without content will sometimes inspire them to write a great hub once they know the community is friendly and welcoming.  We do have to watch out for spammers, but sometime I think some people join Hub Pages because they love the information they read on the hubs, too.  I am thankful to those people who made me feel like I belonged here.  Other communities are not so welcoming and definitely not so friendly.  For the most part, Hub Pages provides encouragement rather than mean-natured commenting.  THANK GOODNESS!! smile

10. rajan jolly profile image89
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

thanks mistyhorizon2003,Rochelle Frank,J.S.Matthew,K.Burns Darling,sky2day,Ibobrandon,sholland10,nenitridiana for your observations and insights.I appreciater your inputs

working