Why seasoned hubbers follow hubbers who have not even published a single hub

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (10 posts)
  1. rajan jolly profile image93
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

Why  seasoned hubbers follow hubbers who have not even published a single hub

the followed hubbers  are totally inactive on hubpages?

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
    Rochelle Frankposted 12 years ago

I suppose there are several possible reasons.
    It might be a personal friend or someone they know from another writing site.
    It also may be someone who signed up under their tracker and they want to encourage them to write.
    I don't think it is anything to be concerned about. Anyone can follow anyone for any reason. It's not against the rules.

3. mistyhorizon2003 profile image89
    mistyhorizon2003posted 12 years ago

I think some Hubbers are 'followed' by the Hubber with no published Hubs, and they then make the mistake of automatically 'following' back. Personally I don't do this because I don't see any point in following someone if you don't even know if they can write well. Another thing I never do is follow a Hubber who has followed me, but when I check their profile I see they have just been on a 'following spree' and followed 20+ Hubbers one after another, clearly on a mission to gain loads of followers for themselves, and no real interest in reading the work of the Hubbers they just followed.

Bear in mind though that some Hubbers unpublished all their work here after Panda and various Hubpage changes were made. They may have followers who are seasoned Hubbers who followed them when their former excellent Hubs were still on Hubpages.

4. J.S.Matthew profile image78
    J.S.Matthewposted 12 years ago

Hello Rajan! Sometimes I follow Hubbers who have no content. As a HubGreeter, I try to offer them some links to help them get started. A lot of times people join but either don't know what to write about or maybe they just don't know how to get started. When I follow someone without Hubs I read their profile and try to make sure that they are a person and not just a company who will eventually produce spam. Sometimes I am wrong but usually the people I greet thank me and tell me that the links I shared with them were useful. Usually they publish a Hub shortly after. I know that some Hubbers just follow whoever they can just to get followers. To each his own I guess!

JSMatthew~

5. nenytridiana profile image54
    nenytridianaposted 12 years ago

The beginner is one of the hubbers target to increase traffic. I don't know it is fair or not.

6. skye2day profile image68
    skye2dayposted 12 years ago

For myself I follow to encourage or inspire one to move forward. I think of where I was at when I started at the hubs. Not much confidence. Perhaps the new hubber is exploring and hopefully reading lots of hubs. We do have a choice to unfollow if we choose. Hey, if I can lend a hand I am up for it. I know inspiration was a key for me to keep on it. I had one hub when I started. If it were not for words of hope I may have exited hub pages. Thats my story I am sticking to it. Give water, get water, give love, get love. Give nothing, get nothing. We reap what we sow. Blessings on your hub journey.

Just for fun, 'the only fair I know is the one where you buy cotton candy.' We reap what we sow. Our true colors will eventually shine through good motive or evil motive. The Light always puts out the dark.

I do agree with misty if a hubber is only follow follow, follow, follow and has followed 20 or so people with no reading then the motive seems clear. They follow me to get my follow with little intention of reading my hub that I have put my soul into. I think all have done a bit of this if you say not your kidding yourself. Many hubbers have a gazillion followers in a very short time. They read fast and are likely very good writers. Enough of my stuff. Hugs.

7. lobobrandon profile image88
    lobobrandonposted 12 years ago

Matthew did follow me and I am writing plenty now to publish a whole bunch together. Thanks to mat I got a little beginners push

8. K. Burns Darling profile image76
    K. Burns Darlingposted 12 years ago

Answering only for myself, I only follow the hubs of hubbers whom I have a genuine interest in their content. If I follow the hub of a hubber with no content, then I have chosen them based on their profile, if after sometime they still have not produced anything, I usually un-follow them.  However, I rarely run across a hubber that I am interested in who hasn't published any hubs.

9. sholland10 profile image83
    sholland10posted 12 years ago

I agree with J.S.  He was the first one to greet me when I came to HP, and he and several others have been a tremendous help in getting me started and keeping me motivate.  Following someone without content will sometimes inspire them to write a great hub once they know the community is friendly and welcoming.  We do have to watch out for spammers, but sometime I think some people join Hub Pages because they love the information they read on the hubs, too.  I am thankful to those people who made me feel like I belonged here.  Other communities are not so welcoming and definitely not so friendly.  For the most part, Hub Pages provides encouragement rather than mean-natured commenting.  THANK GOODNESS!! smile

10. rajan jolly profile image93
    rajan jollyposted 12 years ago

thanks mistyhorizon2003,Rochelle Frank,J.S.Matthew,K.Burns Darling,sky2day,Ibobrandon,sholland10,nenitridiana for your observations and insights.I appreciater your inputs

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)