jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

How do I make sure that my original hub is not copied?

1. rajan jolly profile image90
    rajan jollyposted 6 years ago

How do I make sure that my original hub is not copied?

Is there a way to stop copying of hubs and /or copywriting one's hubs so that my hub is not marked duplicate?

2. wingedcentaur profile image84
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

Hi, rajan jolly !

We get that question a lot on HubPages. You know, I was rather under the impression that if you're writing here, and you, by chance one day have the misfortune of having one of your hubs copied, you alert HP staff and then leave matters to them. I doubt there is a way to one hundred percent prevent it. This is the Internet, after all, for better or worse.

Good Luck.

3. duffsmom profile image60
    duffsmomposted 6 years ago

Anything on the internet can be copied, even if they just open your work alongside WORD and sit and type it in.  That is the danger and risk of putting our work out online.  Scary stuff.

4. visitmaniac profile image59
    visitmaniacposted 6 years ago

You cant not worth worrying about youll spend more time trying to protect your content and it will accomplish nothing

5. Moon Willow Lake profile image80
    Moon Willow Lakeposted 6 years ago

I one time read an article on how to prevent what are apparently called "scrapers". I jotted down the information I learned from that article somewhere, but do remember one piece of advice that article provided.

Before I mention what it is, I'll give you my understanding of what a 'scraper' is based on memory from what I read. There are some people who build websites and then send automated bots to copy content from articles to post on their site so they can "claim" it's their original content. Unfortunately, the original author is the one who sometimes gets "dinged/slapped" from Google because of this.
    It sounds like you may already be aware of this, though, based on your question.

So, to get to what I remember reading, they said one "trick" that can help is to put a link in the article back to yourself. For example, if you have the word "we" in the article, then that's the perfect place to slip in a link back to yourself since it clearly identifies you.

This question is a good reminder for me to go find my notes so I thank-you for the reminder. All of us here take on this risk, but the potential rewards (in my opinion) are worth it. Happy writing to us all!

6. HERBERT ubaldo profile image58
    HERBERT ubaldoposted 6 years ago

When the Hubpages accepted your hub without any violations such as copied etc..

working