jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

What happens to your hubs and their future earnings if you die?

1. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

What happens to your hubs and their future earnings if you die?

I know it's rather a morbid thought, but I was wondering if your account stays active and your hubs carry on earning after you die.
    If so, can your children/family collect your earnings (supposing they're worth collecting).
    It's going to come to us all one day and is worth a passing thought for those with high earnings.

2. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

This is surely a unique question....
    You could either give it to your children or any other person to handle - I wonder if hubpages has a policy regarding this. If not a great time for them to think about it.
    If you don't do anything your hubs will remain as they are giving insightful information for generations. (If ppl still use the internet - who knows whats instore)

3. whoisbid profile image77
    whoisbidposted 6 years ago

They will fall into the hands of the person who owns the domain. No-one will normally inherit anything unless someone imagined that their hubs were so valuable that they needed to tell the world about it. This is how social networks and popular blogs profit from the dead.

4. Imogen French profile image86
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

Thanks for your input, but nobody seems to be 100% sure of the answer! I guess all unclaimed earnings would stay in the site's bank account.

I think I will leave a list of all my passwords and accounts in my will so that my family can wrap everything up and close it all down after I'm gone!

5. CatherineGiordano profile image99
    CatherineGiordanoposted 3 years ago

Not an answer. I'm just re-asking the question. My heirs inherit my books, why not my hubs. Can I have an heir take over my account or transfer the account into his name. 

My heirs can shut down my account if they have my password, but in the (what seems at this point) unlikely event that my hubs are making money, I'd like my heirs to get it.

working