Why should I get more followers on hubpages?

1. jalanbk profile image65
    jalanbkposted 6 years ago

Why should I get more followers on hubpages?

2. profile image0
    Indigitalposted 6 years ago

Followers inspire you to write more. Knowing you're being followed by a collection of writers is a great feeling, especially when they view/comment on your Hub.

3. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

Hello, jalanbk!

I take it you are new to HubPages? Welcome,then. It can take time to build up a following of hundreds or a couple of thousand. For me, it is authenticity that matters. I only 'follow' a handful of Hubbers, here on HP, and these are writers whose work I actually take the time to read (it seems a lot of people just 'follow' for reasons only known to themselves, but they never support the work of the people their allegedly 'following.' Not ever).

Some people 'follow' a hubber in the hope that the hubber in question will turn around and 'follow' her; and when this doesn't happen, all of the sudden, when you log back on you find you have one LESS 'follower.'

Readership that you may attract from outside is extremely important. Its not just that that is where the "money" potentially comes from (outside readers who click the ads.... blah, blah, blah). There can be some satisfaction in doing a great job on a "hub" or article and then seeing it in a prominent place on "Google" or one of those search engine pages -- perhaps if your consistent, HP make turn into job offers for you, for writing. I've heard rumors that this has happened.

Therefore, if one aspires to be a writer, HubPages is probably the best place on the Internet to practice and develop an online profile.

Anyhooo.... Good Luck jalanbk.

All the best!