jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

How long can a hub be

1. Real Talk World profile image55
    Real Talk Worldposted 6 years ago

How long can a hub be

Is there a character limit. For example if I wanted to use hub to tell a story

2. jonmcclusk profile image60
    jonmccluskposted 6 years ago

Hello, welcome to HubPages!

I do believe that the character limit here is 10,000 characters within one hub, plenty for a short story. However, if you wanted to write a particularly long story, there is no rule or regulation as to how many hubs a day you can publish. What I'm saying is, you can separate your story into parts and publish all parts on the same day if you would like.

Feel free to ask any other question, and I look forward to your continued use of HubPages!

3. lobobrandon profile image89
    lobobrandonposted 6 years ago

Hi Real Talk World, I don't know about the limit; it may be as Jonmcclusk says. However, you could split your story into various chapters and interlink each of them.

4. Kathleen Cochran profile image83
    Kathleen Cochranposted 6 years ago

I have posted 8 chapters of my newest book on HubPages as 8 different hubs, but I put them in a group so readers could easily go from 1 to 8 without having to go back to my profile and find the next.  I've also posted poetry that isn't a dozen words start to finish.  You'll find there's a way to post whatever you have to say.  Good luck and welcome!

5. Nefarious_Misery profile image68
    Nefarious_Miseryposted 6 years ago

I don't think there's a limit. I read the first 3 chapters of "The Z Strain" by mcrawford76 (very good by the way) and it was very long.