How do you feel about a two-tier author system at HubPages?

1. dungeonraider profile image89
    dungeonraiderposted 6 years ago

How do you feel about a two-tier author system at HubPages?

This is hypothetical, and I'm not for or against it, this is something I've noticed on a few other sites, and wondered if sites are viewed more favorably with the two-tier writer set-up.  That is, if HubPages announced they would be accepting 15-20% of current HP writers into a 'featured writer' group and the rest of the writers on HP are associates.  The model promotes the featured writers while still allowing associates a chance to earn something with the goal of getting into featured writer category.  Would you be for or against such a set up if it were employed by HP.

2. trecords0 profile image60
    trecords0posted 6 years ago

Actually this is one of the reasons I like the community of HubPages better than any other site: because everyone gets the same deal.  You don't have to be an elitist snob kissing up to who or whatever.  HubPages is all inclusive and the profit is distributed the same.  Individuals have  the right to write about whatever they want.
    Is this question coming from a banker who is already on top?  What do you think the Occupy protests are all about?  It's about giving people, all people, a voice. 
    I understand the desire to weed out, to make HubPages a better site, but those who write quality rise to the top anyway.  What benefit would it be to anyone to shun those who only get a couple of hundred of hits each month as opposed to thousands?  I personally am trying to develop my niche here; if the model changes then I'll find something else to do with my time.

3. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 5 years ago

I'm with trecord0, a believer in, "If it works, don't fix it."  And for me, HP works just fine the way it is.

Closed to reply

working