jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

What does it mean if your Hubs are getting read, but getting no comments.

1. yellowstone8750 profile image60
    yellowstone8750posted 6 years ago

What does it mean if your Hubs are getting read, but getting no comments.

2. profile image0
    Husky1970posted 6 years ago

For one, it means I'm not reading them.  I think that when you take the time to read someone's hub, then you should make an effort to comment.  I have wondered the same thing myself.  Why didn't they comment?  What did they think?

3. Time Spiral profile image87
    Time Spiralposted 6 years ago

Sometimes there is nothing to say. Some article-types do not draw much commentary.

4. Rochelle Frank profile image93
    Rochelle Frankposted 6 years ago

Maybe they are astounded to the point of speechlessness. smile
    Commenting takes thought, time, effort. 
    It is wonderful to get comments, but when I get lots of views, I am equally happy.
    Comments are wonderful and deserve your gratitude, but you can't necessarily expect them.

Many people don't feel comfortable commenting, or think their comments don't add anything significant.  Some are just very busy.

I have come to some hubs with a lot of comments and don't feel I have anything to add. I have been to a few that need no comment.
    Concentrate on what you are writing and forget about other people; You can control what you offer, you can't control the response of others.

5. profile image0
    Giselle Maineposted 6 years ago

It's OK. I would probably take it as being a good thing, because it might be being read mainly by Google traffic (who tend not to bother leaving comments) as opposed to hubbers (who tend to more readily leave comments). 
    Enjoy the search engine traffic! While it's always great to get comments from fellow hubbers, the search engine traffic is what you want to attract, and they don't usually leave comments.  Take your situation as  a good thing.

6. wingedcentaur profile image83
    wingedcentaurposted 6 years ago

I agree with Husky 1970. I often wonder, myself, why my hubs don't draw more comments than they do. It's nothing remotely close to what my alleged followership is; whenever I read someone's hub I take the time to comment, and I try to make it more meaningful than "Nice hub," though I appreciate any kind word I get, no matter how brief!

Then again, to be fair, there are some people who only comment when they think they have something meaningful to add. But then again, I wish some of them wouldn't be so self-conscious. They know more than they think they do!