jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Do I need a tracker to earn money?

1. louiseelcross profile image86
    louiseelcrossposted 6 years ago

Do I need a tracker to earn money?

what is a tracker and how does it work?

2. premsingh profile image61
    premsinghposted 6 years ago

Answer is 'Yes'. Your posts may motivate visitors to join hubpages. Although all sign ups are not going to succeed as top hubbers but chances are that some of them prove their talent and you will get some impressions for motivating new hubbers. If you do not use a tracker, hubpages would not kn ow that new hubber has joined due to your efforts.Read more details about trackers (+97 comments) on the hubpage;  http://premsingh.hubpages.com/hub/Sugge … ffectively

3. brittanytodd profile image94
    brittanytoddposted 6 years ago

Although premsingh is mostly right, you do NOT need a tracker to make money.  You get paid depending on how much traffic your hubs generate.  It helps to add a tracker, so you can ultimately get 10% of what new members you attracted to the site earn, but this is not the main way most people make money.  You need to write "evergreen" hubs that will do well over time.  Hope this helps!

4. Oscortega profile image70
    Oscortegaposted 6 years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong... 
    The tracker is used to credit you for those who have created accounts, and Hubs after clicking your tracker.  But before this you would need to establish an account with one of the HubPages earnings programs or one of the External Affiliate Programs first. 

As stated on the "My Referral Trackers" page:

"All earnings from the tracker program are credited directly to your AdSense, HubPages Ad Program, eBay, and Amazon affiliate accounts. Traffic views accumulate when somebody that clicked on your tracker views any Hub."

So, I would say "No".  I don't think a referral tracker can be assigned to you without joining one of the programs before hand.  The tracker program is an additional way to earn at HubPages.  I would also like to add that all you need to do is join HubPages, Create Original content, post them, and watch your traffic and your earnings accumulate.  I think this is the easiest and sooner way of earning.

working