jump to last post 1-4 of 4 discussions (4 posts)

Why do people still write about the Internet like it's a new thing?

1. marriedwithdebt profile image76
    marriedwithdebtposted 6 years ago

Why do people still write about the Internet like it's a new thing?

Every day I see Hubs that start out "With the Internet becoming a popular way to find information" or "Advancements in technology like the Internet have made the world a smaller place." At what point will we stop seeing this? Are so many new people coming online worldwide that this will be the norm for decades?

2. Taylor Lueck profile image66
    Taylor Lueckposted 6 years ago

This will be the norm until the generations that grew up with the internet are in charge and running everything. Because then it won't be new, but for right now, there are still plenty of people who have seen life without internet, or perhaps remember it first starting.

3. Alecia Murphy profile image79
    Alecia Murphyposted 6 years ago

I think the internet is still new to so many people because unlike other mediums there aren't set standards and guidelines in place. While there are certain measures to protect children, there isn't anything about etiquette or proper behavior and I'll think it will be longer for these things to be established since so many people don't have access to the internet still.

4. profile image0
    msivakumarposted 6 years ago

Because for some people it is still new.

Even Automobiles is still new for some people in some places .....Same with Mobile ......