jump to last post 1-5 of 5 discussions (5 posts)

Does anyone know what CPM stands for in the earnings summary on HP?

1. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

Does anyone know what CPM stands for in the earnings summary on HP?

Can anyone tell me - on your earnings summary what does CPM stand for and what does the value given mean?

2. Moon Daisy profile image82
    Moon Daisyposted 6 years ago

It stands for cost per mille, (or cost per thousand).  And it tells you how much (on average) an advertiser has to pay, and therefore how much a publisher makes per thousand clicks.

I'm guessing that this cost varies depending on how many people are visiting the page, and that's why it changes often.  Hopefully somebody with more knowledge than me might be able to confirm this or correct me on the details!

Edit: I just found this great answer to the same question.  It should tell you everything you need to know.  http://hubpages.com/question/109352/can … ood-hub-fo

3. SpiffyD profile image83
    SpiffyDposted 6 years ago

CPM denotes Cost Per Mille, which is the average amount you earn per 1000 views. This is different from CPC, which stands for Cost Per Click - the average amount generated per click. Therefore, if a Page CPM is $5.65, this means that it takes about 1000 views of this page to accrue $5.65 of revenue.

4. Alison Graham profile image96
    Alison Grahamposted 6 years ago

CPM stands for the cost per thousand impressions (or views) of the advertisement on your page.
    This is the price that the advertisers are prepared to pay to put the advertisements in front of viewers even if the views do not result in clicks.
    The other type, CPC stands for the cost per click and refers to the price an advertiser is prepared to pay if someone clicks on an advertisement and visits the landing page the advertiser wants them to go to.

Hope this helps
    Alison

5. Imogen French profile image84
    Imogen Frenchposted 6 years ago

thanks all - a very comprehensive answer.

I am beginning to understand how it all works now!

working